CHAPTER 41: FIRE

Devaine was at the garden of the palace, walking with almost 10 heads of houses. They were those people who requested her presence as they could not attend the meeting weeks ago. They were those heads whose territory was located far from the capital and was unable to reach the palace in time so Devaine agreed to meet them as to be fair.

     " I heard the Grand Duke was at the palace. He must have had an important matter to discuss as he arrived early. "

     One of the men said which made Devaine look at the palace. Yes. It had also been weighing on her mind upon knowing about the 'exotic' as someone from the reality who had read the book about the events that would take place here, she never really remembered a genre about fantasy in the book. So why now ?

     It is also not impossible that the story had been altered as she herself did a lot of changes in how the story should have been uncovered. But that just means that starting from here, she does not have the sole power to navigate what would happen next. It must mean that she must careful from here on as not only the events had been altered, but the genre itself had changed.

     Devaine closed her eyes to calm herself down before walking again. She continued to discuss certain things to the men as they walk.

     " It would be nice if you could stay here in the capital lady Devaine. You would not only be of big help to us but to the citizens as well. "

     Devaine smiled as she too knew about this. But she only has a month given to her by her grandfather before she had to go back to the estate. And that it only a week from now.

     " I'll be sure to visit of- "

     Devaine heard shouts from the palace so she paused what she was about to say.

     " THERE'S A FIRE !!! "

     " HURRY!! FETCH SOME WATER !! THE CONFERENCE HALL IS ON FIRE !! "

     " WATER !! "

     As if Devaine feet moved on her own, she ran towards the palace entrance . Her GRANDFATHER! HER AUNT! LENA! MAY!

     She rushed inside and saw May screaming her name. She was with her grandfather and aunt which made her calm down a little.

     " Where have you been?! Go outside now! The fire had gulfed the conference hall ! There's no time! Run! "

     Vared said before snatching May, Evanica and Devaine and ran outside. But the grand duke became pale upon seeing that as he reached outside, only two women were in his arms. He quickly turned his face towards the entrance and saw the silhouette of Devaine running inside. The knights all held Vared as he tried to ran inside.

     " I'll get the lady. Please calm down master. "

     Hui said before running inside. The servants and all the people outside panicked as they saw the smoke growing. The grand duke could not do anything but pray as he clutched his daughter in law and his granddaughter's maid to safety. If only he did not hurt his foot, he could have saved his precious granddaughter.

     " Knights! Find Devaine. Find my granddaughter!! "

     Vared could only shout as the knights and knight shadows rushed inside. He trembles in fear as he clutched his hand to pray.

_________________________________________

     " Almost all people had been evacuated to safety Your Highness. The Royal family was now heading towards the back garden near the lake. "

     One of the imperial knights reported to Clastel. He was with the commander of the imperial knights, Carib and his third brother, Kaillan.

     " Check if there's still people left. Esven is already on his way here, let's stop the fire from spreading until Esven arrives. "

     The knights nodded as they scattered around the area and helped the imperial guards in fetching water in hope to stop the fire. But the source of it was still inside so all they could do is to control it for now by quickly throwing water in hope for it to not grow anymore.

     " We need to get the 'exotic' inside or else the whole palace would be turned into dust. We are already having a hard time as it is. "

     Carib said to Clastel. The crown prince was on the edge as he knew he could not be of any big help. The 'exotic' that he has is of air attribute therefore he can't even call it here or it will only fuel the fire.

     " Let's hope for Esven to arrive quickly! We have no other choice! Summon more servants to fetch more water! "

     Clastel shouted towards the knights on the other side of the entrance of the conference hall which was blazing in fire when he saw blonde hair running towards the entrance of the hall.

     His feet moved on it's own as he ran towards the entrance. He only knew ONE woman with blonde hair that light. He can't be mistaken!

     Two arms held both Devaine's waist and neck which unables her to continue running. She stumbled and fell and landed on the ground.

     " WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING?! "

     Carib's voice echoed the hall as he angrily looked at the lady he thought was crazy. The smoke is already too strong that he could not see her face clearly.

     " A maid is still inside ! Please save her ! "

     Clastel, who fell sideways, hit his forehead on the ground which made it bleeds. Carib saw it and quickly shook his hold on Devaine's waist as he pull out a handkerchief on his side and put it on his brother's forehead.

     Clastel though, did not dare to let go of his hold on Devaine's waist as the lady watch the conference hall in horror. Lena!!

     As if a big pipe of water was opened, a blow of water came from behind. It was directed towards the conference hall.