CHAPTER 13 : LADY IN THE MARKET 2

" Do you want me to help you? "

     Lena and Mrs. Joce turn their heads towards the fragile looking lady who was still eating strawberries. She even looks like she should not be here.

     " My. Don-t bother. Lena and I can handle this. "

     Mrs. Joce replied as she giggled in the thought of a noble lady helping her berries. That might be a rare sight.

     " Not that. I mean, selling all that berries. I think I can help you. "

     Before Joce could say another word, Lena pulled her sleeves and signaled her to not say anything as she knew that little mind of her lady might be working as they speak.

     " What is your plan My Lady? "

     Lena, mindlessly putting aside what she was doing, faces her master with a look of trust. Wether the idea is good or trash, she must believe in Devaine.

     " I might need you to get me a juicer. And a cup. A pretty one. A straw. Some sugar, melted would be much preffered. Chocolates, melted too please. And Ice, a lot of it please. Some lemon too. "

     Lena and Joce rushed to get some paper and pen and wrote all the things Devaine said.

     " Oh, plain bread would be nice too. And chocolate powder. And a small plate. A pretty one. "

     As soon as Devaine said 'that's all' Lena and Joce rushed to get all the things they noted down. While Devaine, was sitting inside, watching the stall as the two rush to get the things she said.

     Almost an hour later, Lena and Joce returned with a big card behind them. And two boys who Lena said were her siblings. She needed help so she called them over. And might as well introduce them to the lady as she could find them useful and hopefully, hire them.

     The big wooden cart were full of goods. Lena used her three months worth of wage to buy those. She can just ask the Duchess about it once they return. The thing she needs to prioritize right now is to help Joce as she always gives her family free fruits and food and hopes that her Lady can help this kind woman too.

     As soon as they returned to the stall, Devaine was already sorting out the berries by sizes, with the big ones being displaced on the side and the small ones were all on a basket, washed.

     " Lady! You should have waited for us. If Aunt Mary knew about this, she'd reprimand both of us. "

     Lena rushed to Devaine's side and to her surprised. All the other berries which are small in size were all on a big basin with water.

     " The big uncle next door help me fill those up with water don't worry. "

     Lena, who can't refute anymore nodded in defeat as she called her siblings to place all the things they bought and supervise where to put all those. Not a long time passed before all the ingredients were put on good places.

     Devaine then took over and told Lena , Joce and the two boys their task like she was a natural leader. They quickly started each of their task though. With the two boys, squeezing all the berries on the juicer and placing the juices on a big clean container by type. Mrs. Joce, who was assigned to wash all the cups and plates and Lena, whom are asked to put those pretty table napkins on the two tables they borrowed from the big uncle next door who was selling plastic materials including the table they are using.

      Luckily, Mrs. Joce's stall was infront of a sidewalk so a lot of people were passing by.

     " Your order is done! "

     Lena and her siblings then acted like customers and patiently sat down as they wait for their 'order'. Lena might be sweating in fear that the kicthen head maid, Mary will know about this but can she even say no to what her Lady wants ? No either.

     Mrs. Joce then got out of the stall and was holding a tray with three drinks on it. She put down the tray and put the drinks infront of Lena and her siblings.

     With chocolate swirled inside of the cup, one cup is red in color as it was raspberry flavored, one is purple as it is blueberry flavor and one is orange as it is a cloudberry. They all look good though with melted chocolate swirled on the inside of the cup and chocolate powder and one berry of each kind on top to tell what flavor each cup has.

     Lena was asked to over react on her reaction about the drink yet she don't have to act as it is really pretty. Her lady is smart in using a clear glass cup to let people see what is inside.

     With Lena, exclaiming every time she makes a sip and her sibling talking about the drink loudly and praising it, some people passing are now giving them look and the stall is now gaining attention.

     " Can I buy one ? "

     A young lady, dressed in pink and a neat bun asks as she stops in front of the table where Lena and her siblings were. The lady had a dissatisfied expression on her face.

     Lena then stood up as Mrs. Joce was being taught by Devaine how to make the drinks in the kitchen.

     " You can take a sit here miss. " Lena led the girl on the empty table next to it which the latter followed and sat down.

     " What flavor do you want miss ? We have cranberry, strawberry, blueberry, raspberry and mulberry flavors. "

     " Hmm. I'd take the blueberry one. "

     The girl replied without a doubt. Lena quickly knew this girl might have loved blueberries as she is eyeing Lena's drink just a monent earlier.

     " How sweet do you want it miss ? One cube, two cube or three cubes of sugar ? "

     The girl's face quickly flashed amusement as she heard what Lena said.

     " I can choose how sweet it would be ? That's quite nice. "

     Lena smiled proudly and nodded.

     " We want to cater our customers likes as much as we can. Oh, and we also sell bread. You might like our cream bun. We can also put some diced blueberries on it if you would request it. "

     The girl is now smiling  as she nodded in amusement.

     " Then two cubes for my drink please. And I'd take 10 pcs of that cream bun. Please put blueberries on 5 of it and other flavors on the rest. I want to give the other flavors to my siblings. "

     " Okay miss. We will now prepare your order. Please wait a moment. "

     The girl nodded as she began to wait.