CHAPTER 32: UNKNOWN

Devaine was drenched in water, hugging a wet blanket as the servants watched in fear as they splash water on the parts of the room that are in fire.

     She already exited the room as she hugged the blanket with the animal inside it. She doesn't know what it is but all she knows is that she needs to get this out of the house.

     She looked at her grandpa and Vared already understood. She carefully gave it to Vared and the grand duke quickly snatched it then passed it to Hern which was taken by surprise yet ran so fast as he threw the animal outside. He don't wanna die like that. What a nasty old man. He thought.

     The servants then quickly wrapped several blankets on the lady in fear that she would get sick.

     " How can you endanger yourself like that my lady! What if it were to burn you?! What do you think we would do by then!  You should have let the knights take care of it!! "

     Lena furiously said as she wrapped the blankets tightly.

     " That was dangerous my lady! You should never do that again! I will tell May about this ! "

      Daphne said, not trying to hide that she is upset. They can't believe Devaine would run like that and chose to get the animal herself. If something were to ever happen to her then what would they even do?

     They all calmed down though after they blurted out their frustrations and guided Devaine to her room to change her clothes. The latter could not refute though as the two were mad.

     The grand duke had also told her that he would call for an expert that could examine what creature that was. As after Hern had yetted it out, he ordered him again to catch it.

     Grandpa can sometimes be cruel.

     I let the angry Lena and Daphne to put clothes on me as I decided to keep my mouth shut. If I were to say more words then they would continue to blab about their anger.

     I saw myself in the mirror and realized that I had been dressed in such exquisite and lavish dress I suppose could also be worn in a grand banquet. My, to see countless gems just to be decorated on clothes and to be used at home.

    I smiled in pain upon realizing that I might have angered the two at their max as they tend to dress me up more lavishly according to their level of anger and seeing as the dress I'm wearing right now is adorned with countless gems in the size that could probably buy a ten story building in the future each stones, I should be more careful with my decisions in the next couple of weeks.

     They finished dressing me with an expensive earring and bracelet made with red gemstones that Uncle Astero had gifted me just a few days ago. He said it was the first red gem that was mined in the new mine that they had discovered. I guess that mine would be added to the Guillem's collection of mines.

      I was not supposed to accept it when he gave it to me while we were having breakfast but upon seeing the expectant gazes of all people in the mansion, and knowing that Uncle Astero's wife, my aunt was the one who had personally thought of the design, I had no way to refuse. I might be able to buy my own mansion with all the jewelry I had received this whole month.

     Lena and Daphne excused themselves to the kitchen which I could not refute nor stop them from doing so. I guess I should prepare for more scolding. Round two. May's anger.

     I am now on my way to the garden as I wanted to see the roses blooms. The gardener had told me that the roses would bloom today and that it would make some good fragrances. Should I make some perfumes with it? Grandma and Aunts might like it.

     Though I should prepare for another batch of jewelry if I were to gift them. They often pays me with jewels like it was some coins to them.

     " My lady! I thought you were not gonna come . "

     The head gardener greeted me when I set foot at the garden. The gardeners had been busy planting different flowers when I slipped my tongue one time and told them if they have any flowers other than sunflowers. That must have fuel there competitiveness.

     " I was late as I had been scolded by Lena and Daphne. "

     The servants and gardeners laughed together upon hearing what I said. They also quickly realize how hard the scolding was when they saw my shining shimmering dress.

     " Their anger might have been justified My Lady, now you can be one of the roses by the shade of your accessories. "

     One of the maids squeeled.

     Right. I am wearing all red accessories in a pink dress. Even the gems on the dress where neither red nor pink.

     I smiled. Even at the midst of their anger, they still thought about the event I am expecting to attend today. Welcoming the first blooms of red roses.

    Not long after though, grandmother and my Aunts arrived and they also complimented my dress and ask me if I had received a good beating from my personal maids. I guess Lena and Daphne's hobbies when they are angry are widely known in the mansion. Not that I could stop it from spreading though.

     " I am glad that you are wearing the earrings and necklace I had gifted you last time. "

     Aunt Winter said as we walked towards the pavilion on the center of the garden.

     " My, I had just noticed! Red really suits you my dear "

     Grandma said and flashed her emerald green eyes.

     " Hmm.. Now I feel like I shoud hurry and prepare some red jewels for you. I should not allow Winter to receive all the glory herself. "

     Aunt Evanica said which made us flinched yet also laughed. Aunt Winter hit her with her fan in response.

     I was so distracted with my conversations with grandmother and Aunties that I had forgotten May's turn.

     I was reminded though upon seeing the cookies and pies. Bloody red pies with raisins that are as black as coal. And the cookies that the servants had served me specifically had sword-like decorations and one of them even had an angry face. It also tasted to bland yet the food that was served to the others were shining in delish. While mine tasted like medicines.

     I guess I am eating healthy foods for the week again.