CHAPTER 40 : DAZE

The imperial palace aides anxiously watched their prince which is in a daze. He had been like this since this morning and he still has not recovered since.

     Clastel had been in deep thought since he got back to the palace and he was unable to sleep so he was not in his best state right now. I mean, how could he be on his best state.

     Not only did he have to carry Devaine like that until they reach her bed but he also had a hard time getting her off of him. To the point that the maids had to help him get her off from him yet she still stuck to him like some gorilla glue.

     She even adjusted her grip and tightly cling onto him. His soul left his body ever since. They had to wait till she loosens her grip before the maids snatched her like some wig. It took them two hours.

     HE HAD TO HOLD HER FOR TWO HOURS !!!

     He held her for two hours, standing and walking in circles as to not cramp his legs and even taps her back and head in order for her to calm down and eventually loosens her grip. It was as if he was letting a baby sleep. What a frightening memory.

     After telling the maids to never ever tell a word about what happened that night, he entered the imperial palace carriage and went back to the palace.

     " Your Highness, if I may ask, are you feeling unwell? Then maybe we should stop here and let you rest for the day. "

     The imperial secretary said with a concerned look on his face. Clastel looked at him with a disheveled appearance. It was a coincidence that their was a mirror on his side therefore he was able to see himself.

     Dark bags under his eyes, disheveled look. He was clearly unwell so it was no wonder that the aides noticed.

     He let out a huge sigh and concluded the day. Even is he were to continue, he would not have finish anything as his mind were somewhere else.

     He exited his office and entered his bedchamber. He let himself fall to his bed and slowly covered himself with a blanket. Yes. He should just sleep and forget about it.

_________________________________________

     Two days after, Devaine was informed that the Grand Duke and her aunt, Evanica had arrived at the capital estate. She rushed over to the entrance and greeted them with a hug. A rather very rare scene for the maids of the estate. They have heard that the grand duke and the lady were in a close relationship but they never expected the scary mountain-like man to laugh at the sight of his granddaughter. So he is a fool to his granddaughter. Yes. The servants all arrived at one conclusion. The grand duke is a fool towards his pretty granddaughter.

_________________________________________

     " What makes you come here so suddenly grandpa ? "

     Vared put down his cup of tea upon hearing his granddaughter talk. He looked at Evanica before he replied.

     " Did you somehow remember the fur animal that room at the mansion to crisps? "

     Devaine's face turns to concern upon hearing it. The last time she knew, her grandfather had told her that he would hire an expert to analyze what creature that was.

     " What about it grandpa? Did you somehow find an expert? "

     Devaine said before taking a bite to a cookie.

     " We had found an expert and therefore we had known what type of animal it was. But we seem to have found the need to visit the palace to make sure. "

     Evanica said while browsing some documents. It was about the report of the mine that was offered to her some weeks ago.

     " The palace ? Why ? "

     " You might not have known, but the palace had an expert who is very much knowledgeable in the field of analyzing exotic animals. As to not gain any more damage, we ought to surrender the fur animal to them. "

     Vared said. He could not dare to harm someone from his estate anymore so he came up with the idea to surrender the animal to who he thought could tame it.

     " Then are you going today? "

     Devaine asked while a servant puts down more snacks. It was still 10 in the morning and she already had her breakfast a while ago so she was just eating some snacks as they talk.

     " Yes. The sooner the better. "

     " I'll come with you. I have a meeting to do with some uncles. "

_________________________________________

    The imperial palace were in a buzz upon knowing the arrival of the grand duke and duchess Evanica. They were going here and there as the head maid hurries them to finish.

    The grand duke was now on the conference hall, standing below the chairs where the Queen and the Emperor was sitting.

     " Are you sure it was an 'exotic'? "

     The Emperor asked Vared one more time as he wanted to confirm. He did notice the increase amount of 'exotic's this year and it wasn't the first time that the grand duke had found one. Three years ago, a white cheetah was also surrendered to the palace by the grand duke upon knowing that it had froze a lot of trees and houses. But to rather know that an 'exotic' fire type had been found in a land where snow seldom leave, it was something he never imagined.

     " Can I see this animal? "

     Vared waved his hand and a servant walked towards him holding a cage with a wet cloth on top.

     As the grand duke removed the cloth, a fur animal curled up in a ball was presented. The Emperor saw the red fur and therefore concluded that it really was a fire type. The color itself represents the kind of species the animal was in. And with that bright red, it surely is something that includes fire.

     A small head poke out and looked around. Upon seeing countless people, it 's eyes turned black and the conference hall blazed in fire.