CHAPTER 44 : BLOODY NIGHT

It was already night and it had been at least 2 hours since Devaine cried her eyes out that she had fallen asleep. May had tucked her to bed and exited the room since then. They also transferred Lena to another room with the animal that does not want to moved an inch and sat down on her lap. They wanted Devaine to peacefully sleep without any noise so some maids are rotating to guard the door as to check if she ever wakes up at night.

     " Upon seeing your reaction earlier grand duke, it must have not happen often. "

     Clastel said. They were in his office after they checked that Devaine was asleep, let Lena sleep with countless guards watching her as the animal might hurt her, and checked the injured patients and the ongoing cleaning of the hall.

     The grand duke nodded his head.

     " It was the second time that I had seen her like that. But the first time it happened, she was alright. She actually calmed down quite fast yet she was in a daze for a while. Upon what I had seen, it seems that it happens when she's too angry. And she often does not realize what she had done after that. That was actually the reason why I had taken her under my wing. If the public were to know about this, she might be sworn. "

     Vared was sad or more, upset. He had thought that she was already well that is why he let her go back to the capital and yet this happens.

     " Hmm... But upon what we see earlier, she seems to calm down if you covers her eyes. We should note that down. "

     Evanica and Vared nodded as to what Clastel had said. They too, had seen Devaine calm down when he covered her eyes.

     " The other problem is that, the exotic. It seems like it was a level higher than mine like what Esven had said "

     Vared looked at the prince in shock as to what he had said. Esven, the crown prince was the disciple of the doctor who is the expert they wanted to meet in order to assess the animal. So if he had said that, it must mean that it is true.

     " Are you sure Your Highness? "

     Evanica said.

     " Yes. Seeing how it changed colors and its tail disappears. Normally if an exotic goes berserk, they stay the same, only their behavior changes. But seeing that it somehow copied its owners hair color is something strange. It also has an independent consciousness to its owner seeing how it did not react and stayed calm even though Devaine is mad. Though after 10 years since we found the first exotic, we still don't have a clue about where they came from as they never really have the ability to talk. But I can say for sure, that fox, is dangerous. "

     The room became silent as they all are in a deep thought. Thinking about how dangerous a small animal is and its owner does not even liked it and tries to kill it is another matter that hurt their head. If Devaine continues to be unstable, it might trigger the animal to go berserk again.

_________________________________________

     May ran as fast as she can that the other maids had shouted to her to slow down while they follow her. She did not dare to listen to them and sprinted towards the meeting room where the grand duke was in.

     " YOUR HIGHNESS! YOUR GRACE! LADY DEVAINE! YOU SHOULD SEE LADY DEVAINE! "

     The Grand Duke signaled Clastel to go as he felt his knees hurt again. Its always like this when night comes. The scar on his knees was already healed yet it still acts up every night since this happened. Evanica ordered the maid to fetch a cloth and hot water while Carib and Clastel runs to the room where Devaine was in.

     She was awake, clutching her chest where her heart was and she's clearly having a hard time catching air. When Clastel opened the door, she had puked blood already that the sheets were not white anymore. The imperial maids looked at the prince as they trembled not knowing what to do.

     " What is happening?! Call a doctor ! "

     When Hale arrived, Devaine was already so weak as she rests her chin on Clastel's shoulder who was hugging her tight as he taps her back in hope that she calms down. Blood was everywhere and she was still coughing blood when Hale arrives. Clastel's back was even drenched in blood.

     It was already in the morning yet they still haven't slept yet. Hale was injecting blood on Devaine in fear that she might be low on blood upon coughing up that much. The maids were also busy wiping the floor to get rid of the blood stains. May was wiping warm cloth on Devaine in hope to lessen her pain.

    Clastel felt Devaine's arm wrapped on his back as she coughed up blood one more time. He felt that blood soak his back yet he still continued to pat her back.

     After that, Devaine dug her face on Clastel's neck and soon, her breath stabilized.

     The maids did not dare comment on the position that two was in. They are busy as it is worrying about the lady. Hale, stopped injecting blood and excused himself. The maids on the other hand, quickly fetched some water to wipe up the blood on Devaine' face and the crown prince's back. They also fetched a new dark colored blanket to put on Devaine's back in fear that she might be cold.

     Morning was already coming. The prince had let the other maids sleep and ask new ones to stay in guard if he ever needs help.

     The room reeks in blood but all he ever concerns was that Devaine had fallen asleep. Carib had told him that he could rest up and that he and Esven would be taking his place for the meantime. As it seems like the lady is only comfortable with him.