CHAPTER 27 : NEW BEGINNING

The hallway shook as the three Guillem masters roared. Their eyes twitched in anger as they saw the condition of the room Devaine was in.

     Old chandeliers that could fall any time soon are already a health hazard. Old carpet. A bed so hard it could be a weapon for smashing Duke Corzen's head. Cold room. Small fireplace. A plain ass white curtain like it was made for someone dead. Only one pillow that made Astero mad he picked it up and tore it. Wooden shitty windows with no glass that when Adrian kicked it, it shattered. And many more.

     It doesn't even look like a room for a duke's child. Vared Guillem's heart hurts upon imagining how his granddaughter must have endured living in a room like this or even in this house. He will make sure that the child will not suffer like this anymore as he would prepare her a room filled with silver, gold and diamonds. He will make sure to pamper her granddaughter as she should have been.

     " Is that everything? "

     Astero ask the servants as they push only five small boxes. He can't believe her niece had so few things it could fit on five small boxes.

     " We only pack the things that the lady would want to see again. We left everything else. "

     Lena said sadly as she scanned the room. She had wished that her lady would have a nicer and more comfortable room as long as she can remember and to witness it to come true is something that she can't help but feel like something is stuck on her throat.

     " Grand Duke... Can we follow the miss ? She is someone that we treasure a lot and thinking that we can't serve her again is something we can't imagine. "

     May said as tears fell from her cheeks. Only Lena is sure to accompany Devaine back to the Guillem and thinking about them being left behind, serving masters they don't like, is like a punishment for her.

     " Then, us too Grand Duke. We wish to continue serving the lady too. She was the one who taught us new recipes and ideas and being with her is a dream of ours. So please, take us too. "

     Adrian smiled. This time, a genuine one. His niece is such a kind girl that many people wanted to follow her. If only his son were as filial.

     With the power of the grand duke, the Corzens could not refute. So 12 kitchen servants including the 2 chefs, 3 gardeners, and 1 herbalist decided to go to Guillem.

     Tears were filled in the mansion as servants bid goodbye to each other. With a promise that they would soon follow if the Duchess were to go to Guillem again, they tearfully ask the ones who would leave to wait for them.

     Now, from two black carriages, the grand duke's party became 5 carriages, with 3 of it were contracted public carriage as they had not expect to take so many people.

     The road to the West is still far that they decided to drop by the market first.

     Lena visited Joce to tell her that they are now going to Guillem as their second lady will be living there from now on. She is also sure to tell Joce to not spread it for now and just wait for it to be announced in public.

     Adrian Guillem, who was together with Daphne and Lena, bought lots of fruits from Joce after knowing his niece liked to make pies with those. Lena and Daphne had to tell him enough as it would not fit in the carriage anymore. Instead, told Adrian that the drinks and the bun Joce was selling were their lady's idea.

     They left after Adrian promised to go back to the market the next week to try the drinks himself and maybe, offer something to Joce.

     They go back to were the carriages was waiting with haulimg boys following them as they carry the bags of goods Adrian, Lena and Daphne had bought.

     Only three of them shopped as to not gather a lot of attention. But Adrian happily presented his five sacks of fruits.

     Vared and Astero though, did not comment anything about the five sacks of fruits after the chefs faces beam and told them Adrian did a good job as they plan to cook pies after they arrive at Guillem as present to the lady who, loved pies.

     With lots of meat, bread, spices and water, they had to add another carriage again. The three did not say anything though, as paying for 4 big contracted carriages is something that won't dent their bank.

     Finally, they set forth toward the West. It might be a hard journey as they were squished in the carriages but knowing that they would meet the lady after all of this is something that motivated them.

     With hopes that they would see the lady having a better life, the servants endured the hard bumpy road as they took a detour and used a shortcut to arrive at the Guillem territory in just a day.

     As they came nearer to where the Guillem Dukedom is, they wished that this new beginning would be something Devaine would like. As they would do everything they can to make the lady happier than she ever was when she was in her father's care.