CHAPTER 24: POSSESS

The banquet continued with the Empress rewarding Devaine a golden pin with a phoenix symbol on it. Each person that has this has received the Empress's deal.

     The people cheered upon witnessing the third person the Empress had taken a liking into aside from the King.

_________________________________________

     Devaine was now at the terrace, letting the cold air breeze touch her skin as she escape from the people and the attention. She had maxed out her socializing skills for today that it made her head hurt upon seeing more people approaching her.

     " You must have had a great time. "

     Devaine looked behind her and saw her twin sister Dianna which made her eyes roll. She was not in the mood to talk with this body's owner and how she wish she would just simply leave her be.

     " How dare you ignore me! "

     Of course Dianna won't leave her be. She is probably foaming in the mouth after being ignored when all she wants is attention.

     Devaine let out a huge sigh before facing her 'sister'. Though instead of looking at her face, her gaze fell to her dress. She cringe so hard as she scan all exaggerated decorations from top to buttom that made Dianna look like a freaking joke. What kind of a fashion disaster is this and who the hell in their right mind made this kind of shit?

     " Who dressed you like that? "

     Devaine said as she looked at Dianna's dress in pure disgust. Candy now realizes that it was really because her twin was beautiful that she could pull off this kind of style. Even both her aunts, Countess Sere and Marchioness Basil were dressing too extravagantly (on a negative way).

     Maybe people in this era just don't know what simplicity means. They just adorn their clothes and wear ridiculously large gemstones and think they look good. The bigger the stones are, the better. Though it would be applied if it were used in a way that it would compliment the wearer, but they just wear it all that it outshines them. You can't even look at their faces anymore as it is too shiny everywhere.

     " Are you really that uneducated? Not responding to questions that was given to you and even dare to look at people with such disgust? "

     Dianna shouted that it made Devaine's ears ring. Her voice was too high pitch! Damn this girl! Candy blurted inside.

     " Uneducated? Well I guess I am. So that gives me the pass right ? "

     Devaine answered before walking away. She originally wanted to be alone in order to relax and giving that her sister was now here, that might not happen so before her headache gets worse, she'll probably excuse herself and find another quiet place.

     Devaine was about to reach the door of the veranda when Dianna snatched her hand. She squeezed it hard without any consideration that her twin is very thin.

     " Let go of me Dianna or I'll hit your face. "

     Devaine said in a serious tone.

     " Ha? Like I would? Are you going to go inside again and act like your the main character ? "

     " Is this what you said about you taking what's mine ? "

     " Was this all your plan? To ruin my reputation and take what was suppose to be mine ? "

     Dianna continued to babble while squeezing Devaine's wrist even more. She was even digging her fingernails on it.

     As her eyes glimmered and became redder, Devaine's rationality snapped and use her other hand to snatch Dianna hair and pull it hard which made the latter to let go of her hand. She then uses her other hand who had just got freed and slams Dianna's face on the door. Not that hard though. Just enough to not break her nose.

     " I f*cking told you to let me go. Now look what I did ? You might have forgotten that I could freaking kill you if I want right Older Sister? Now let me see you cry . "

     Dianna's face fumed as she heard what Devaine used to call her. She really hated that word and it makes her blood boil and skin crawl. This stupid bitch dare to call her older sister?!

     Candy snapped out of it and was shock that she was holding Dianna's hair with her sisters face on the wooden door. All she remembered was her vision got dark and now this.

     She slowly let go of the hair and was so confused of what was happening. She felt like she had loose consciousness but soon wake up with her beating Dianna.

     Sweats dripping from her forehead, Devaine was fidgeting, confused. What just happened? Did she just got possessed? Who? Who possessed her body?

     A big built man towering Devaine appeared in front of her while his hand seems to signal Devaine to just stay behind him. He then called over servants to accompany Dianna and treat her wounds.

     The Grand Duke took off his coat and made Devaine wear it. He then asks some servants to find the Duchess of Corzen and tell her to come get her child at the veranda on the very end of the banquet hall.

     Lena assisted the Duchess as they hurried towards where the servants had told them towards where the servants had told them to go. Dianna just arrived with servants of the palace assisting her with her hair looking like a mess. She even had a cut on her cheek.

     The Duchess, very much worried, excused themselves to the Royal Family and asked if they could use a room to treat her daughter as calling over a physician and let her be treated publicly will cause a lot of rumors.

     Before she could even accompany Dianna to her room, a servant had told her that the Grand Duke was calling her to the veranda at the very end of the banquet hall and that the second lady had her wrist dripping in blood.

     Surprised at the news, she quickly realized that her daughters might have quarreled but it would be an issue she should solve later. She had to see Devaine first.