CHAPTER 39: FAST ASLEEP

In the next two weeks, people began visiting the Guillem's estate on the west seeking for the presence of Astero, Winter and Evanica. When grand duke Vared tried to join the meeting, the heads of the houses quickly asked him to go away while telling him that his granddaughter would skin them alive if they were to inconvenience him.

     Weeks past as Devaine became busy in the renovation and extension together with the branching out of her businesses. She also had to meet the masters from different houses who wanted to present their produce on her.

     Together with facilitating the work being on progress on the two shops, Devaine also needed to provide solutions to any problems that pops up. She also had to provide some blueprints about her plan for the interior and exterior of the shop including the way the goods will be displayed.

    With works piled up, the Crown Prince often visits the Guillem manor at the capital to help the lady about the paperwork.

     Rumors began to spread that the Crown Prince and the lady of the Guillem might be engaged as they often said to be together when the lady visits the palace and the Clastel often spends time of the Guillem's estate. As they all know that the Queen liked the lady a lot, it is not impossible for them to think like that.

     Unaware of the rumors though, Devaine was sleeping on the big hammock that the servants had prepared for her beside the garden in between the two big trees. They had suggested her to rest outside as the scent of flowers was nice and the breeze of air was warm.

     They had seen her being too busy for the last two weeks she had been in the capital that they told the butler to not let someone come in today and let the lady rest for an entire day.

     Devaine was in a deep sleep, not even realizing the gardeners watering the plants carefully as to not hit any drop of water on her, creating a rainbow. The servants were all carefully going here and there serving snacks and refreshments for the two young masters and the crown prince as they talked in a low voice about swordmanship. They were sitting on a pavilion not too far from where Devaine was sleeping. 

     " I am glad to see her getting some rest. I had told her countless times about that matter yet she never listens. "

     The brothers shrug upon hearing what Clastel had said.

     " She only ever listens to us. "

     " Right. "

     The two proudly said as they drank their lemonade. Clastel looked at them and laughed a little as to not wake her up.

     What a possessive family.

     The two brothers talked with Clastel for a little more while but upon receiving a letter given by a knight, the two excused themselves and said they had something to do.

     Clastel though, continued to browse some documents as this is the last day he will be able to aide Devaine. He is expected to be back at the palace duties tomorrow upon her mother's summons.

     He glanced at the hammock which was slightly being rocked and the servants who was sitting on the ground next to it, drinking and chatting in moderate voices while the knights stood behind them.

     The quickly put his attention back to the documents. He ought to finish as much work as he can before the sun sets.

----------------------------

     Clastel was standing infront of the hammock, watching Devaine who was sleeping too soundly that she did not even dare to wake up even with someon staring straight at her face.

     " The knights can carry the lady, Your Highness. We are very much thankful of all the help and we can take it from here. "

     The Butler, Detri told him while wiping some sweat on his forehead as he anxiously watch the crown prince thinking so hard while looking at what to do with Devaine.

     " No. "

     The maids including Lena, all looked at him upon hearing what he said.

     " Let me carry her to her chambers as this might be the last day I could of any help to her. "

     Clastel said before carefully lifting her up. He made sure he has a good grip on her before facing the butler.

     " Guide the way. "

     Devaine's room was too far from were the garden is and that matter concerns the servants as they follow the crown prince which was being guided by the butler. They are afraid they might be inconveniencing her.

     To their concern though, Devaine squirms on her sleep which made them all stop as the crown prince stopped and checked whether she was awake.

     " Hmm I guess she has some weird sleeping habits- ! "

     As if Clastel had jinxed it, a pair of hands circled his neck. If that was not the worst, Devaine wrapped her legs on the crown prince too which had taken him by surprise but then was able to hold her back tightly.

     The maids panicked as they watched their lady cling like a koala to none other than the CROWN PRINCE OF THE EMPIRE!

     Clastel took out a heavy sigh as he held her tightly. And as if the lady had not had enough, Devaine dug her face to Clastel's neck and rested her head on his shoulders.

     No one dares to move while the maids and butler watched in horror. They knew their lady had a habit of hugging pillows but they never knew he would do that NOT ONLY TO PILLOWS!!

     Clastel let out another heavy sigh and questioned his existence. If his mother were to see him like this, she would have had a heart attack. Carrying a woman like this which is not even your fiancee or wife is something he had never expected himself to do. But here he is.

     And to make matters worse, they still have a long way to reach the lady's chambers. Clastel reassured himself that this was okay as this is his last day and he will be back to his imperial routine. Yes. Let's just do this and forget it all.