Ch 04 Surprises

Who's this man?
Nobody wants me to live peacefully here.
"Who's it?"
"Jane it's me, Nick. Get up."

"Let me die here. Go away."
"C'mon woman open the door. I know you're dead tired, but you gotta have some food, or you'll really kill yourself. Now get up!"

I gathered some strength, got up and opened the door. Nick was there, waiting outside.
Another guy holding a covered bowl in his hands, entered my room, kept the bowl on my bedside table and left without looking around. I was hungry, and that was a truth. I tried to turn back, but tripped. Nick saved me just in time.

"He wants to kill me. If he comes to know that you are saving and feeding me, he might kill you too." I murmured.

"Ahahah. No he can't kill me even he wants to. I'm his brother afterall."
I choked on my own breath while he said that statement with utter pride.
How? That emotionless man!

He's a killer. This man's a saver. How is it possible?
"Yes, it sounds impossible. Hahah. Just look at your face!" he continued laughing.

"Eat your food miss. You gotta stay alive to face the big guy!"

He makes the mood so light, while Killer makes everything tense.
"How can you be brothers? You guys are so different!"

"Well... Yeah. We are different in few aspects, but same in others. You feel the difference too much because, like you said, he wants to kill you, but I want to save you. He never wanted you to come, while I had no such issues. But we both screw the boys equally."

"Well, poor guys. That Killer is enough to destroy lives single handedly. Being a girl if he's behaving like this with me, I wonder what he does to the boys."

"Don't have false impressions lady. He doesn't know gender when it comes to training. He'll screw all equally. He hasn't started your real training yet. Once he does, you'll realise how wrong you were."

"What are you saying? What worse can he do than today? Well, may be he can."
I shut myself, realising how worse can this get.

It's better not to think about tomorrow and spoil this food. I swallowed the first bite and felt like a zombie. It only took 2 minutes to finish the whole food. He saw me eating, with occasional laugh.

"Poor girl. I told you to stay away from him. You didn't listen to me."
I looked at him, opened my mouth to argue, but couldn't say anything. I had nothing to say.

"Do you really want to learn something, or is it that revenge you want for that insult? Tell me the truth. May be I can help you."

"I don't know. It started with anger, it still is. But deep down I think he can teach me. It will be a good thing to learn if he keeps aside the plan of killing me."

"Look I'll give you a few more days to understand your feelings. If you're still doing it just to prove something and don't want to continue I'll go talk to Colonel because you'll die if this goes on. But, if you really want to learn, I'll explain what is going wrong. Think about it."

He stood up and started walking out. Then he turned back and said "By the way, you are supposed to have all three meals in the mess. If he knows you're skipping any one, God save you. And I can't send food to your room everyday. I don't want extra lectures. So go to the mess and eat your food on time. Okay?"
"Ya ok. Thanks for this though."
He smiled and left.

I was still thinking what he meant by "what's going wrong". But my brain and eyes were starting to shut down. I decided to think about it later and take rest now.

************************************

I woke up from the dead. Looked at the time. Shit. It was past 5 minutes since my alarm clock stopped ringing. You can still make it Jane. Hurry up.