Ch18 Heal Over Heels

I entered and I saw two boys doing sit ups. Mr. John was sitting across the table looking at them.
I cleared my throat to get his attention.
He looked at me and stood up.
Well not much height, though taller than me. He must reach killer's ears with that height. More fat than muscle, I presume. That's making him look full and fit.

Initially he was walking slowly towards me, but as soon as he realised that's I'm shivering waves, he ran towards me. "How on earth are you wet! You'll get hypothermia! Come this way, fast."

I didn't know what hypothermia meant, may be something related to thermometer. Oh wait, I think he meant.. Cold. God, medics and their terms. They complicate everything.

He guided me to a changing room and told me to change clothes. Before I entered, he gave me a white towel. I went in, changed into sky blue t shirt and trousers, and came back to see a warmer switched on and blowing towards one bed, a bucket of water kept on one side of same bed.

He was waiting for me, and took me to that bed. Oh the warm air felt soooo good. I was scared of the water in that bucket though. He sensed my fear and said it's warm water. Dip your feet in it.
Oh, I hurried up and did as told.
I can't describe how good it felt.
He gave me a thermometer. I kept the end under my tongue. He looked at it, and said 'ninety six'.
"Will you please tell me, how come you are in this state!?" he asked half angry and half surprised.

Before I could say anything, I noticed that those two boys were still doing sit ups. And as soon I opened my mouth to answer, one of them fell holding his right ankle in both his hands.
He followed my gaze and looked at the boys. "You bunch of weak bones! Make him sit on stool."
The other guy helped him up and did as told.

He looked back at me. Before I started to curse Killer again, I heard a female voice. "Major Wills made her swim in the pool."
Everyone in the room looked at the door from where she entered.