Ch37 Ren Part 2

I was becoming a fighter, and I couldn't be any happier!

The next day brought a whole bunch of surprises. Somehow I was faltering in everything, and he was catching all of them, and punishing me then and there.
By the time day was over, my whole body was sore.

While everyone started leaving, I moved slowly to go talk to him.
"I'm really tired now. Can we just.."

"Look doc. If you want to learn something, you have got to take a stand. And no, I'll not work according to your rules, rather you'll work according to mine. And everytime I feel you're getting loose or not interested, I'll simply put a full stop on this. Am I clear?"
"Yes sir, Sorry sir."

"One more thing, I hate this word sorry. If you regret anything, show it by working more. Don't use this word to cover up your faults."
"Yes sir."

"No fight today. No fight till I tell you."
"I'm so... Sir I didn't mean to..."

"You can run few extra rounds of the ground, if you don't like the dinner."
I understood what he meant, saluted him and ran away.

That day I realised that he's actually doing me a favour and that I shouldn't expect him to care for me. Also, I'll never let him feel again, that I'm not interested.

For next three days, he made me go through a series of pain. Others thought that he was holding a grudge against that dialogue of mine the other day, but I knew he's preparing me for something else.

After three days of looking at him, asking him silently to give me another chance, he finally told me to meet him at the ground after dinner.

He was there, with his hands at the back, looking dangerous, when I reached
"Hands behind head, spot jog."
This was the most common drill in day training.
Spot jog is when your palms are flat at your waist level and you bring your knees to hit them, one by one.
The palms are kept in that position to know how much you have to lift your knees. Now with the hands behind my head, only he will know if I'm lifting my knees high enough or not, and he cursed me everytime HE thought I'm cutting a slack.
It's more frustrating than the normal position.

"Everytime you do this, remember you have no rights. Got it?"
"Yes sir. I will work according to you sir."

"Good."
I waited for him to say stop, so that I can catch my breath. But he let me go on for almost ten minutes. With every second passing his message was getting etched in not just my brain, but on every muscle, tendon, cartilage and bone of my body.
And two months of doing that drill daily, ensured that it remains etched forever .

After almost an eternity he said stop and I felt like I'll die.
I couldn't move much that day and he threw me on the ground in just two punches and a kick.
I was still lying on the ground when he came and slid his arm around my neck and strangled me.

"Tap thrice on my arm if you accept your defeat."
It didn't take me more than two seconds to frankly hit his arm multiple times.
I wheezed in air as soon as he left my airways back to patent.
I looked at him in shock, is he trying to kill me?

"What.. What was that for?"
I asked in between my breaths.
"That's for you to save yourself from."

"How to counter that?"
"You should find your own ways. I'll not teach you how to use your adrenaline."

"Tomorrow same time. Be ready for choking again." and he left.
And till date, he hasn't taught me how to counter that grip. I have developed my own ways, which work successfully when I practice with others.
But with him, there hasn't been a single fight till now where I didn't tap in defeat.

************************************

Please vote and don't forget to give reviews :)