Ch28 Attention Not Needed

Oh god, stop ogling me, everyone !
I wanted to shout out.

It was 8 in the morning and I'm trying to have a normal secluded breakfast like always, but the boys won't stop looking at me.
A few of them haven't even blinked since I came. It was pin drop silence.

I was trying to hide myself and the best I could do it, was behind my eyelashes.
Just then a known figure appeared and I took a breath of relief.

"Hey Jane, how are you?"
"I'm fine, Ethan. Ask your boys to stop making me uncomfortable, please."
I said while still looking down at my bowl of cornflakes.

He turned around to see what I mean.
"The breakfast will taste better after three rounds of ground, anyone wanna try?"
I heard people starting to talk among themselves. Thank god he's senior enough to do that.

He started leaving "Ethan, I'd like if you can sit with me for breakfast, if that's fine with you.."
"I won't mind.. But my batchmates will join without invitation which you might mind."
I laughed "more the people, merrier the meal."

He laughed at my little joke and sat in front of me.
Before he could help himself, i heard voice of few boys entering.
"Hey Eth! Why are you.. Whoa!"

"Umm.. Hi guys.. You want to accompany miss Jane today?"
I smiled the way he kept it low profile.
"Yes.. Please feel free.." I encouraged them.

I saw five big smiles in front of me as two came and sat on either side of me, and three pushed Ethan to the end of bench. I swear he will fall if he takes a deep breath.

"Did you really witness 'the fumes'?" One guy asked me with wide eyes, with a huge bite of sandwich in his mouth.
I felt disgusted and funny at the same time. "Yea.. Nick was.. in a.. pretty bad shape this morning.."

"Yea we saw him on stretcher. How's he? We heard he's got two more to do?" Another guy asked.
"Not two.. Five actually.. It's going to be a fumes week for him." I said with a sigh.

"No way!"
"What?"
"No shit!"
"Oh Jesus!"
Everyone had a shocking response. Two of them choked on their breakfast.

Ethan began to start a sensible conversation. "Nobody here has ever seen this punishment. Only heard of it from our seniors during seasoning. And you've seen it live. Everyone wants to hear about it!"

"Nick was.. I mean he's quite strong.. to have completed it. I didn't know what was happening, till it got over."
"Poor Carter.. He took all the blame."

"Coach carter?" I can't get enough of their creativity. Hahah.
"yea. He's strict, yet cool."

"Ya, Nick is a nice man." My heart agreed with my words.

"So.. Since we'll be talking over meals.. Shouldn't I know your names too?"
"George"
"Oliver"
"Sam"
"Walter"
"David"

They all said their names together, i couldn't stop myself from laughing, and all six of them followed me.
"You'll get used to these crazy boys" I heard Flyn saying while bringing a tray full of food.

I smiled at him. As soon as he kept the second bowl of boiled eggs, the first one got empty. My goodness, these boys are wolves!
"Don't steal the lady's food. Else I won't let you sit with her again" he said while keeping the bowl of Jam next to my plate.
I saw two hands stop right before touching that, thank God, Flyn's warning worked.
I remember his advice of not sitting with the boys. He was right. Hahah.
But friendship comes at a cost. And right now, I think I'll have to trade food for friendship.

"So you guys didn't get a break this morning? Four of you were there in the team right? Had tough time with Major Wills last night? "
"Don't even ask about it. I was tired to the point of hating the word 'ball'." Ethan said rubbing his neck.

"Yea man. Being a captain of the losing team means you should just wish for god to take you away, before Fletcher starts his slaughter."
I could feel them.
"We try to stay miles away from him. He's dangerous."

"I can understand.."
"But you earned respect ma'am.. We still wonder how are you surviving with him."
Oh that topic again. I like compliments, but not this one.

"Yea, even I don't know. I just try not to piss him off, that works for me. By the way, how's Nick with you?"
I tried to deviate the topic.

"He is no less when it comes to training. We saw stars while fainting when both the brothers were training us together." Oliver spoke.

"Those days will haunt me forever. Coach Carter made us do 100 Pushups for every time we miss penalty, 200 pushups for wrong passes, and 500 Pushups for not passing the ball to other players. The worst part is, doing Pushups on ground is hundred times easier than doing it with hands on the football." That was Walter.

"He made sure that we coat the ball with sweat before game starts and after it ends. Nobody can try and be a hero in front of him. He'll burn us to ashes if anyone tried to go out of team work." George said

Ethan began "We four guys here were captains of our respective senior school teams. So our heads were pretty high. We couldn't stand each other on ground. Coach Carter understood this, on the very first day of our games. We'll not tell you what he made us all do, but because of it, we'll die to save each others' asses today. " The four guys went red blushing. Oliver covered his face with his palm saying "Don't remind me of it man."

"What was it?" I asked out of curiosity.
All of them gave me a deadly look, "You will never ask about it, to anyone. Promise us." Ethan said, pointing a fork towards me.

"Alright, alright. I get it. Too embarrassing to share, fine." I laughed.
They all flashed a smile and concentrated back on their breakfast.
I saw one hand gliding towards my plate. I knew my bread-jam was in danger. "Flyn..." I called in a teasing tone, the hand disappeared in a moment.

I laughed loudly.
Today, after more than two weeks of hell, I made friends.

************************************
Guys, who are following the story/added my book to their read list, please please vote for the story.

I'll know that i have an audience and that will drive me to write more and better chapters for you..
So please vote.