Ch75 The Date!

Alright, we're back to Jane's pov.
Mind you, following stuff is very cheesy, and I'm bad at writing such a thing, so spare me a few eggs.

I'm sorry because this chapter doesn't go by the original theme, and doesn't cover what you wanted, but you might still like it.
Thanks in advance 😅

************************************

I came to medcare annoyed as heck.

Ren looked at me with raised eyebrows and a straight spine.
"Who hit you? Did you punch him back?"

She stopped me in my track and I looked at her.
"I wish I could! He's a rasc-"

"He is, I know."
She completed my statement.

"You know who I'm talking about?"
"Both of them have been with me since school, Jane. I know them inside out. And your Killer is a coconut!"

"What?!"
"Unnecessary extra layers of shitty coating outside just to hide the pure and soft inside."

"Pure my foot!"
She laughed at me.
When I looked at her, she stopped.

"Why are you so angry?"
"That asshole, he told Uncle that he doesn't want that girl! And whatever uncle will decide regarding her in future, he'll follow blindly."

"So what's wrong in that?" Ren asked me.
I couldn't control my anger "What's wrong? Are you serious? You don't just give up, because you are scared of your trainer father knowing about someone you like. That's the stupidest reason I've ever heard! And letting someone else take that decision for you? Even more stupid!"

"He's not stupid, okay? He loves her! Like really loves! His ass gets on fire by just thinking about talking to her! That's why he hasn't even- fuck!"
Ren started off, high on adrenaline. But right in the middle, she realised she gave out a little too much.

"Oh fudge, Jane! You didn't hear that! Fuck, how could I do that? Jane!"

And here I was.
Grinning like a devil.
Killer?
Lover?
Really?
Mmmm... Interesting.

"I don't like that smile on your face, Jane. Flush it. Right now."
"Otherwise?"

"Otherwise Willy will kill me." she said begging.

"Okay. I will not tell him anything." I promised her.
"It's not about telling. You have to keep your expressions in check. If he sees you grinning, the next thing his hands will crush will be my neck."

"Why are you so scared of me knowing this?"
"Because he didn't tell anyone. Not even Colonel and Nick. Not-even-me, Jane!" she said dead serious.

"Then how did you come to know?"
"Caught him smiling to himself alone, once. That's why I'm telling you. If he can be caught, you have no chance to stay hidden. Please, I beg you. Stay quiet till others know atleast."

"On one condition."
"I know how to kill you now."

I asked her the hottest question.
"Who's she?"

Finally!
Dropping back on the cushion, grabbing those popcorns again, I took the remote back in my hand - all in my head Ofcourse.

"I don't know." she said straight.
Damnit! My popcorns!

"What do you mean you don't know?"
"He never told me who it is."

"And you never tried to know?"
"No. Because I want to live."

"That's why he hasn't even - what? What hasn't he done?" this was getting interesting anyways.

"Jane, I'm not going to let you release the beast."
"Dear Renny, you took me on the path to that cell, showed me the beast behind the bars, and told me where the lock is. Now, either you give me the key as well, or I'll try each one from the bunch I have. The beast is going to come out - sooner or later."
I said with the devil laugh hidden deep inside me for months.