Ch80 Three To One

The last part of Wills' ordeal is here.
Dear father James is here to shower all his love..

Go have a read.

(There's a surprise for you in the end 😉).

************************************

Feeling a bit fresher, I take leave from the hell fire named Interrogation Room for the last time and head straightaway to Father's office.

One knock and his 'come in' came almost instantly.
God please don't let him start anything inside his office. Just let it be one of those days where he passes orders and I go out and follow them.
Doing anything at this holy place in front of his eyes feels ten times tenser.

I entered, saluted and stood straight.

There's always a heap of folders on his side table. His 'Outgoing' and 'Incoming' lots are always sky-touching. But the 'pending' lot is always empty - maximum of two or three folders there which I'm sure must be waiting for something after his own work is done.

Me and Nick are the ones who visit his office the most since he is the senior Training Officer and me - well I have a lot of business with him. Mostly I enter inside more than once to get my ears washed thoroughly. And since my eyes are always below the level of his own, I have seen carefully all the folders there, even counted them in my brain a hundred times to calm my nerves.
And since it's my job to report him daily, I know that one folder doesn't stay for more than one day in his office.

That's what I admire about him. That's what I aspire to become.
He is the epitome of perfection as I've seen. Be it his sons' school meetings, his own training, responsibility of 180 cadets or this shit ton of paperwork, he's never lagging behind what is expected from him.

Never in my life have I seen him cutting a sorry figure because he got late or didn't do a job given to him at all.
While me and Nick fail miserably unlike him, he wants both of us to get better by pin pointing at every little mistake and ensuring that we don't repeat it.

He rubbed his hands over his forehead - a sign that he's exhausted with all the paperwork. There was still a big bundle left, and knowing him, he won't step out till he's done. I wanted to tell him to take a break and come back after sometime but I'd never come between him and his work.

There was a knock on his door. His one sided see-through glass showed a guy standing outside with a cup in a tray.

"Fifteen minutes."
Father said looking at him and the guy turned around on his heels.
He is in no mood to get disturbed.
Thank god, I'll have atleast fifteen minutes to breathe peacefully.

Hardly fifteen seconds would have gone by, there was another knock.
I looked at the door. The same guy stood there with the same cup in the same tray. The only thing that was different was - his expression. That was a suicidal move and he knew it.

I flicked my eyes from him to father. And I wasn't wrong. He was looking at the door murderously, as if the person standing on the other side could see.
Well, technically that guy knew that he's being ordered death, hence the fear on his face and tremble in his hands.

Before father could do anything, his phone rang up.
"I said fifteen minutes."
Father repeated his words but with pressed lips, and waited for a long time before speaking again.

"Fine."
Moving the speaker away, he called out a loud 'Come in.'
The guy held his breath, walked in, offered him the coffee, turned around and ran away.

That was world's best coffee, Flynn's speciality. He claims ' the aroma can melt any stone hearted person's stomach' and I've always laughed his joke off. But not today. Father lost all his anger with the same aroma and was now speaking softly.