Ch85 Take Position

"I can't believe what he just said!" Nick was still in denial.

"Which part?" I asked laughing, sharing the same feelings.

A heartless killer like him - can he fall for someone?
Impossible, right?

"That he fell for her without even exchanging a single word! What if she's mute? What if she's blind and he was mistaken all this time?"
We all laughed at that valid point that sounded more real than Killer's love story.

"Ah come on! Stop underestimating him!" Ren defended her biggest enemy.

"He is a smart lad. Girls literally drool for him. You know that, Nick, don't you?"
He just nodded quietly with that amusing smile still on.

"I need to find her out and ask her myself! I don't trust my brother's skills of impressing a woman." Nick said.

If Killer was here, either he would have killed Nick, or he would himself have died in shame.

"Are you crazy? Didn't you hear that chapter is closed!"
Ren stopped him, or tried to.

"With dad, not with me." he winked

"But aren't you going for that mission tomorrow?"
I said suddenly remembering that he had to go.

"Yes Jane, Ofcourse I'll do it after I come back. Ren! Till then you collect all the Intel." Nick said excited.

"No way, Nick. He'll rip my head off. I won't even step that way."
Ren said surrendering.

"Jane -" suddenly he turned towards me "-you can talk freely with dad! Why don't you -"
"Thanks but no thanks. Nick, I gave your brother a nick name for some reason, remember?"

Disappointed with both our replies, he went quiet. "Fine, I'll do all the work." he said promising himself.

"You are not going to leave him, are you?" I asked amused.
"Why would I? She's the first woman he ever talked about! I have to get to the depth- where is she now? What went wrong?"

"What if Willy doesn't want to continue?"
Ren asked.

"He is overconfident about his feelings. He doesn't know he's in a trap from which he's not coming out easily. He might say it's over because of all his stupid reasons, but I will not let it get over too easily. Finally I have got some serious job."
He let out a devilish laughter.

"But first, this mission. I'll go pack the remaining stuff and get back to you girls."
He got up and left.

"What is going to happen to him, Ren?"
She turned pale "Colonel James has challenged Colonel Ops to bring out his worst on Nick."

"What?! Why would he do that?"
Is this crazy?

"Some old rivalry. I just hope Nick comes back healthy."
Yeah, I hope so too.

"How is Doctor Bones doing?"
Ren asked me in the middle of our breakfast and I choked.

"Since when you started speaking in Nick's language?"
She laughed in response then went quiet, waiting for mine.

"He... is fine. He calls once everyday, have a casual talk, asks about my day etc etc.."

"Did he talk to Colonel after that?"
I wish I could ask him.

"I don't know, Ren. I don't feel like asking him. What if he didn't - in that case he'll think I'm expecting him to call him. And what if he did, but doesn't want to talk about it? So, I'm waiting for him to speak about it himself."

She nodded and rest of our breakfast was finished silently.
Patting on my back with sympathy, she got up and left.

I was about to get up but was pushed back down by two hands on my shoulders. Reacting the way Killer taught me, I brought my hands near my neck and slipped the other guy's hands off me. Losing his balance, his face fell on my head and I caught it just in time.
I was about to get him into a choke when I saw that face.