Ch50 These Boys

I woke up to sunlight gently touching my face, making it warm. I was slightly disoriented.
My head felt light.
I tried to sit up and saw a tablet, a glass of water and a can of fruit juice kept on the side table.

These guys care more than family, I smiled to myself.
I took the tablet and decided to brush my teeth before drinking the juice. I just had light headedness. I wasn't in a hang over.

I went to the washroom and came back to settle on my bed, remembering last night of peace.

Suddenly I remembered the last part.
They were hell drunk.
And they were ordered to start pushup when they could barely stand straight.
I looked at my blue clock. 10.

I got ready in a hurry and rushed towards the only place I feel safe, the med care.
I entered and saw Ren keeping a finger on her lips as soon as she saw me.
I stopped myself from greeting her loudly and nodded instead.
Looking behind her inside, I saw Nick and Killer lying on beds with fluid bottles connected to their wrists.

Oh my god.
What happened. I asked Ren with my eyes.
She came and sat close to me and started whispering.
"I have no clue what happened to them all night and this morning, but Nick arrived at 8, and Willy came with hypothermia, just twenty minutes back. Both were severely dehydrated and about to fall unconscious. Willy was in a worse state than Nick."

My heart was beating loudly.
"That was Major Louis, the boss?"
"Yes. Wills is supposed to call him Boss, since his training days. He was his special junior. Initially he had a grudge against Wills but later they became very close, like brothers."

"What did Nick mean by "paying the debt?"
"Sir Louis, like all other seniors, wanted to take revenge from colonel's sons, for the grueling training they underwent and some punishment I don't know. But instead, he was ordered to protect them from such a thing during his KMA stay. He did his job well, back then. But he had promised that the day he returns he'll even out. He went for 3 years of Border posting, two years of Foriegn posting, and again two years at the Border. He waited for seven long years patiently to meet these guys. I guess his patience proved quite painful for my boys."

For the first time ever, I think, I looked at sleeping Killer and felt pity for him.
Poor man got screwed all night instead of just sleeping and waking up with a bad hangover.
I'm not sure if I should ask Nick any question, this time.

"You know four of Killer's secrets?!" I looked at Ren and she chuckled.
With a devil smile she nodded a yes.
I was impressed that she's still breathing.

Me and Ren proceeded to have breakfast after Ren checked their pulses, and tucked their blankets like a caring mother.

In the mess, I greeted Flynn and thanked him for all his help yesterday. He just smiled like the silent guardian he was.
I realised I never did this before. I never used to apologise or thank anyone, I never felt the need to.
We had servants back at home. Who says thanks and sorry to them?
I guess I'll do from now on. It's a good change that I feel in myself.

I was having first piece of my breakfast, when suddenly Ren stood up in attention. I looked up to see a tall guy with a stubble. I wondered if he is allowed to keep such beard in army.

Then I connected the points. Deployed back directly from border to Headquarters and then from there to KMA. He obviously has the excuse.
So this is Louis, the Boss.
"Continue your breakfast." he told Ren while looking at me. I knew he was wondering who am I and why am I here.

"I'm Jane, daughter of Colonel Stuart. He's on a foreign posting, so I'm staying here." I answered the question he never asked.
He looked at me with surprise. Then he started laughing, loudly.
"You. His daughter. Still alive. Dog hasn't killed you yet." he said in gaps.