Ch73 Payback-times

SURPRISE!
Hi there lovely people!
Thanks for patiently waiting for this update. I really appreciate your patience.
As promised, here is an update-

************************************

Four hours have passed and none of the boys have even peeped out of the hall. I was worried for that bloody Killer. Well, I think the only one who was worried - worried enough to be pacing outside the interrogation hall with food in my hands.

Nick has no authority on me. I mean, worst he could do is deny Killer his food. Ok, take a deep breath, Jane and just knock on the stupid door and get it over with. They must have already heard my pacing anyways.

But before I could, door opened to a sight I was not prepared to see. The room was hotter than my pressure cooker. Killer was front rolling on the floor with red eyes and dark circles, covered in sweat.

"You are a dear, Jane. Thank you so much." Nick said looking overjoyed at the food tray. What is happening?

"Eat. We need fuel for those rolls." Woah! That tone change gave me a whiplash. Killer is not going to last for these 10 hours, let alone 3 days if Nick is going to talk to him in that tone.
Man he's pissed off.

"Jane, could you please get one meal sent for him too? I mean, for coach-" Killer says in a tone I have never heard on him before. He never seemed so broken, tired or humble. What the hell went down here in just four hours?

Whatever he intended to speak, he was cruelly shut by Nick.
"Major Wills, about a few hours back, you begged me to take charge. Now, you wish to speak without permission. Why don't you make up your mind? Who is in charge of the session?"
The rolls continue with a loud and clear "You, coach."

Nick turns towards me without an ounce of his previous tone and says politely, "There is no need for more food, Jane. He is a lucky dog to have so many people care about him. But don't you worry. I don't plan on touching or killing him. Infact, I'm going to make him 'proud and happy'."
The last line was said with him looking at Killer. Why is he throwing Killer's words back at him?

"One more thing dear. I want you to stay away from this complex for next three days. Don't get involved in things you don't want to be a part of. Alright?"
What is wrong with him?

I opened my mouth to counter but he didn't give me a chance to speak.

"Thank you Jane. Please tell Flyn to send the food through someone else, only at times that I've told him. Also, would you mind shutting the door when you leave? Thanks girl."

Okay. What the heck?

He just pretended that I'm not there and turned to look cruelly at Killer.
"I told you to eat. Do it while I still treat you as a living human. Up." he barked at Killer who wasted no time in getting up and reaching for the food kept on Nick's table.

I was horrified to see his state.
That was too much. I turned around and did as Nick told me - shut the damn door.

********

Killer made it through first ten hours with Nick. Apparently, standard procedure requires that he gets a complete medical examination and 'fit to proceed' from Ren before they go ahead. So, it is now Ren and Killer in the med care.

"Ren please, just make something up. Please. Give me whatever you can. Please Ren.. "
Is this the same Killer that trains me?
There is no better example of 'begging' than him right now.

"He will kill me if he finds out." Ren says trying to be stern.
She is so scared of Nick, that she is denying to help Killer? Is that true?

"I wish he would just get on with the physicals. I don't think I'll last long otherwise."
He chuckles to himself but continues, "In this anger though, I wont last much with the physicals either. I think I can see that Coach Carter more now than ever"
Ren joins him in the little laughter still unaware of my presence at the window.