Ch69 Meeting Part 3

Nick's POV:

Dad asks Kadner sir something that had him right at the edge of that red hot sword again, after he just begged to get off of it for the time being. "Tell me one thing Kadner. If Chief wouldn't have made you call me, I would have never known about your team and mission. Right?"

------

I would never want any question from dad which ends with a 'right?' It's a bad omen.

He gulped hard before replying "I wouldn't have proceeded for the mission without giving you prior information, sir."

Wait! That doesn't sound completely right.

Dad won't miss that too. "What do you think would have been my response following this info of yours? Would I be keen in you going ahead?"

"No, sir" that's the correct answer, Kadner Sir.

Dad went further into his enquiry "Would you stop in your tracks if that was the case?"

Exactly! There it is. He will get the answer out no matter what.

Kadner Sir looks down and says nothing.

Dad calls him for an answer. "Kadner?"

Sir was still looking down. What are you thinking? Say something, Kadner sir!

Wills was looking at both of them, not knowing what is going on.

I've never seen dad waiting for an answer, for so long.

After his patience is lost, he calmly says "I see. So it's an information and not permission. Fine. Kadner, it was nice meeting you and Chief. We have no more business here. Pack up boys, we'll leave now."

Shit! That turned 180 degrees!

"Sir please. Please don't leave at this note." okay, now you speak?

It was difficult to understand whether dad was hurt or pissed. "Don't worry boy, I'll ensure Chief doesn't add a gram to your schedule because of me."

I don't think that's his worry right now. Or is it?

"It's not about him, sir. I didn't mean to defy you. I would never."

"Aren't you doing it right now, Agent Prescott?" he pressed on last two words, making Kadner sir stop breathing.

"I am, and will always be your moron Cadet, sir. But I just can't wait anymore to kill that son of a bas-... I.. I.. mean.. Damnit!" and suddenly he was on the floor, pushing.

The man just begged my Dad to stop because he pushed hundreds and couldn't do anymore. And here he is, doing twenty more, just because he said half a swear.

After painfully finishing the last five, he got up and stood straight again.

Dad was standing with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Sir. I can't wait anymore to kill Aarham. He destroyed my family. He-"

"You still have your wife, Kadner. Your love is still alive. You think it's just you who lost everything?"