Ch104 Homecoming

Recap :

After Kadner, Kyra and Roshesh left KMA, Colonel James went to HQ to check on Nick. His visit helped Nick get over with his bad time with Colonel Daniel. James came back and rang up Kadner ,ended up talking with Chief Darkh too, pissing him off and making Kadner's hard life harder. Meanwhile Wills, Ren and Jane have been told by Nick that he might take a few days to return to KMA due to delay in the mission.

**************************************

Jane's POV :

Uncle came back late in the evening and right after he got back, he rang up Mr. Kadner and got on Chief's nerves.
I pray for that man.
Mr Kadner is paying too costly a price to be Uncle's favourite.

Nick's call brought in some relief but I'm still scared for him.

Nevertheless, I came back to my room after all the telephonic drama and slept off.

Despite the unexpected relaxation from Killer, my morning runs haven't stopped.
He ensures that my day starts with kicking myself the hardest.
It's been months but I have never been told my timings.

Several times I did repeat rounds with weights - a proof that he's keeping a note of my timing. And a subtle sign that I'm improving.

As usual, I shower, change and go to mess just to meet Ethan and his team eating.

"Hey super woman!"
Oliver teased me.

I brought my fist up and kissed my knuckles. The hoots that followed shut him up with a pout.
Feeling bad, I ruffled his barely present hair and we were back to good.

"So, how is final term going on?"
I asked them only to get back groans. Well I expected nothing less.

"Something happened last Saturday and we are paying the price."
I choked on my lemonade and laughed loudly. These guys have no clue what waves hit the walls of this Academy.

"Why do I think you know what happened?"
George asked and I laughed again.

"Okay yes I do. But I don't know if I'm supposed to tell you or not, so I'm not saying anything. Except -"
They all looked at me with hope in their eyes.

"That your Fletcher screwed up big time. And now Colonel expects a lot from his boys, which is - you guys."
I whispered and they immediately reacted with their hilarious expressions.

"Ah man."
"Jesus can that man leave us at peace?"
"Why isn't Rambo kicking his ass then?"
"oh he must be. Rambo won't leave him. But if he has been asked to kick ours, even Fletcher won't spare us."
"Like he even thinks of sparing us."

I was laughing all the time.
These guys defend their trainers when others speak against them. But look at them - they're cursing Fletcher right now.

"What are you laughing at?"
Ethan pulled my hair gently and I turned towards him.

"Sad, you don't have something over your head that I can pull."
I said and his boys laughed monstrously.

"I'll even this out one day."
He said pointing an index finger between the two of us.

"I don't think I'll ever decide to walk around with a shaved scalp. Thank you."
I smiled imagining my ugly face.

He imagined the same and said disgusted 'Yeah man, don't.'
We all laughed again.

Man, I'm going to miss this.
These boys - their rants, cribbing sessions - all this became a part of my daily life here. And it's time for them to say bye bye to me.