Ch14 Training Is Good, Isn't It?

We went back to the ground.
I was expecting the same gruesome set of exercises he made me do all these days.
But it was different. Though he was strict and rude, but he was giving me enough breaks to recover.

He spent good half hour in helping me stretch out every muscle in my body. From neck to toe, he named every muscle he was working upon. I was surprised at his knowledge! This man definitely knows his job inside out.

I had to count till 15 for every stretch.
I didn't understand the purpose of stretching a few muscles, like waist and toes. But when the day got over, I knew why.

He was talking more than usual.
He told me that for first few days he'll focus only on my stamina building. So that I'm in a state of practicing the techniques and moves that he'll teach me later. Well it makes sense.
It reminds me when Nick told me about his training. Uncle James had followed same concept for him too.
I hope it won't be as bad as his.
Obviously, it won't be. I'm not getting trained to become a secret assassin like him.

We started off lightly. Every exercise in sets of 10 followed by a break.
After doing 50 Pushups everyday for almost two weeks, 10 Pushups felt like a child's play.
Following were crunches, sit ups.

He asked me ''Have you ever tried pullups? "
I said - never. I was about to tell him about the morning incidence but shut my mouth just in time.

He took me to the bar, and explained the movements clearly first. Then he kept a small stool right under the bar so that if I fall, it's hardly 10 cms that I can get my balance back, instead of the real gap of few feets.

He somehow climbed on the stool himself, did a few pullups all the while explaining me. In between he took one hand off and used it to point out at postures and grips. I was surprised to see that.
Not that I saw it the first time today. But the fact that there is a plaster cast on his leg, that must weigh kgs, he's able to hang himself on one hand, it's surprising!

Finally he climbed down gently, on the stool and then back to the ground.
I don't know why, but I felt bad. The way he had to take care of his feet, while doing a simple exercise, I think it must be annoying him. He's a rough wild man, as per facts. And being so gentle - it definitely must be irritating him.

Anyways, I climbed on the stool and jumped up and gripped the bar. I was hanging, using both my hands, when he asked me to pull myself up.
I swear I used all the energy I had and I could only do it twice. That was the moment I realised that both the men today did it with one hand and I felt goosebumps over my body.

I fell on the stool and tried to balance myself.
Killer was standing very close, in a posture which ensured that I don't hurt myself, if I fall on the ground.
It felt good. Like I'm under the guidance of a responsible person. It gave me a motivation to show the same level of commitment.
Despite of his broken leg, he was so involved, it was inspiring.

Yes his rude comments brought me down to ground in no time.
Everytime I got slower than a speed he could tolerate, he gave me good lecture
"Thank god you didn't join as a Cadet here, else the course would have to be extended for three more years!"
By 6 in the evening I had enough. I couldn't run or push anymore.

"We're not done yet, miss Stuart. Come on, 10 suicides, fast."
I was panting like a dog while running those suicides. The term seemed to be so perfect.
After I finished tenth, I fell like a building under demolition.

A few seconds later "Get up now. Time for next.."
"I.. I need a break, and.. and water.. Please." I spoke in a semi conscious state. Thank god I didn't utter the words 'I can't'.