Ch40 Level Up?

I lost my speed when I saw her doing crunches on the ground.
I came back to see Killer smiling, realising that my timing has gone wrong today. He silently pointed towards two ropes with metal rings over each. They were quite heavy, and I was worried if I'll be able to finish one round with these tied on my ankles.

Since I had no other option, I tied them and ensured that they don't get loose and become a reason for me to trip and fall, and I took off.
Ren was still doing crunches. She had become slow, but she didn't stop. Uncle was standing at her head end, looking down at her, probably scaring her everytime she would think of taking a break.

This round took almost double the time I usually take. And my legs hurt like I've been running for hours.
Point noted, never get distracted during the first round. Ouch.

I came to stand next to him, expecting him to taunt, or make me go run another round.
But I realised he's looking at something right behind me.
I knew where he's looking. At both of them, with a look of jealousy.

I faked a cough to get his attention.
"Are you waiting for Christmas to get those off? Or you want to run another round with them?" his tone was annoyed, and it was not a good sign.

I quietly moved to one side, removed those darned weights and took off for next round.
What the heck! She was still going on with the crunches!
What is she? A robot?
I kept looking at her throughout my run.

Just when she was about to blow up my mind, she stopped. She tried to move again, but fell back.
Col James was yelling at her, I could hear it from a distance, not to stop. But she just didn't move.

He stayed there for few more minutes, finishing the verbal part of her training, and then left.
She got up with lot of efforts, soothing her abs by both hands, and started walking towards us.
I tried to give her hints to take the other way, because I didn't want Killer to get more pissed off.

She didn't look at me till we both came and stood next to him.
"Why is your face a rotten orange?" she asked him, still trying to get her breathing to normal.

He looked at her, emotionless, with red eyes. We all knew he's not going to answer that question.
"What did he say?" he asked her.
"You want to know when are we fighting next?"
He clenched his teeth.

"May be tomorrow. He said Nick won't be able to continue with all the cramps."
She said the last part while looking at me. I had the same look of concern.
He has four nights left, not even half way through.

"He'll make it. Don't you worry." Killer said, getting her attention back.
She laughed 'You'll do everything to get him through, right? "
He shrugged his shoulder and started walking away.
Ren turned to me "I'll go see his state. He looked pretty sore this morning."
I nodded and let her go, catching up with Killer.

He took me to the bars, and I was dead scared.
"You saw her this morning?" he asked me.
I nodded in reply, not surprised as to how he knows that.
"And she did pretty good, considering the fact that she had a very long run before that. So don't consider pull ups impossible for girls."
He was asking me to get inspired by her or what?

I really don't understand what's between these two. He hates her at one moment, and then compliments her the very next. It's so confusing.
Never mind.

I nodded again " I'll try".
And I climbed up. Hanging from the bars I pulled myself up. It was still next to impossible, but i managed to get my head near the bar. Knowing that I'll fall if I go amy further, I moved down.
I was about to go for another, when he asked me to fall back down.

"Build up slowly. If you exhaust yourself, you won't learn anything else."
Well, that makes sense.
But i didn't understand why he made me sweat like hell in next set of exercises.
I could see he was giving me lesser time in between two sets of workouts.
I guess my level has gone one up.

It felt like a century when he finally said "Fine, we're done with the morning routine. "
God I really waited for this word 'Fine'.
"I have to be with the boys in Nick's absence. We'll continue in evening. Reach the ground by1800 hrs."
"yes sir."

I was still worried about Nick, so I made my way towards med care room.
Also, Ren needs to answer a few more questions now.