Ch13 Things Are Fine..

The boys came rushing in like a swarm of bees. But as soon as they entered, they looked at me in one corner. And with me, they looked at someone's back, someone who had his right leg plastered from thigh till foot.
None of them took more than two seconds to recognise him and shut their mouths. The door was like a shower. Everyone came in dry (talking/shouting) and after crossing the shower (door) became drenched in water (silent as dead) one by one.

Instead of walking, they were sliding towards the tables farthest away from us. Like always, people want to stay away from Killer.

But I could recognise the expression of surprise on everyone's face. Surprised that Killer is here, and also that I'm sitting in front of him, alive.

While normally they'll sit haphazardly, dragging chairs and ruining the orientation of the mess, today they crammed up together at the tables away from us. It was funny to see them that way.

The whole scene reminded me of the picture that went viral on Internet once. A lion was drinking water from the same pond, where a big group of zebras were drinking from. Just that both the species were on opposite ends. Hahah.

My smile grew wider when my eyes roamed around in the room, but it disappeared quickly as they reached his face. He was looking into my eyes with a look of confusion.

"What makes you so happy, girl?"
His tone meant no harm, I could feel it. "The boys are not used to having you around, during their meals. Their reaction today is.."
"Hilarious?" He completed my statement with a little smile.

I nodded back.
"That's good. That's what I wanted too."

Yea I know Killer. You want everyone to be shit scared of you. Well, congratulations you've achieved that!

"All my boys alive?"
Came a loud voice I knew. Nick entered full of energy. All the boys stood up in attention.
He moved towards us while signalling all of them to sit down.

He came and sat next to Killer. "Morning Miss Jane."
"Good morning Major Nick" I tried to be as formal as possible in front of Killer. You never know when will he get offended.

"Good morning Major Wills! Thanks for not killing anyone of them." He pointed towards the boys.
That was sarcastic. It was fun watching the brothers together.

"Flynn.." Killer said without looking at Nick, forget about replying a good morning.

"Now who does that to a person, who wishes you a nice and sweet good morning? Well you do this Jane?"

"I'm not pouring ketchup over your head. You should be thankful. Flynn, right now!" The last part he said while looking towards the man coming towards us.

Nick hid a smile "Hey I told you I'm sorry. It was just an accid-"
Killer gave him the 'killer look'. Nick stopped right in the middle of the word, and raised his arms, moving slightly away from him. Hahah! Nick poured ketchup on Killer's head? Oh my god. I wish I could see that.

Killer got back to having his breakfast.
Flynn came and kept a glass next to Nick. Then he tapped on Killer's shoulder "Not today. Don't forget. "
Killer growled while still looking down and Flynn went back smiling.

Nick asked Killer  "Wills, why don't you.."
"I'm allowed once a week. It's for you. Now finish it." Killer cut him short.

"Did I hear right Flynn?" Nick said loudly while still looking at him.
"Yes Maj. Now finish it before I inform him."

"Life is so unfair brother! So unfair." With that, he pinched his nose with his left hand and drank everything that was in the glass.

Making a face in the end, he continued, with a serious tone "Hey Wills, the league starts in three days. I'm damn scared man. I f*cked up big time."
"Pray to god they reach a decent level. He'll kill them all if they screw up with his favourite game." Killer replied. That 'he' must refer to Col James, I assume.

I felt like I didn't exist till Nick brought all the attention on me. "So... How did your day go?"
"Nick it's not even afternoon.." I replied in a questioning tone.

He laughed "Well, all the best then!"
He started eating his breakfast and having small conversations with Killer in between.

We finished our breakfast and left.