Ch87 Old Man Out

As per my sleep schedule, I woke up around 5 in the morning.
Cursing Killer for spoiling even my Sundays, I check my phone.

There was no message from Martins. I thought whether to call him and wake him up this early on Sunday.
Wishing to just hear his voice, I called him.

Before first ring could finish, he picked up the call.
"He- hey! I was.. going to.. call you..! Mornin!"
He was breathless.

"Are you okay?"
"Yeah... I'm at.. gym.."

"Oh. You scared me there. Good Morning. Carry on with your workout.. Bye.."
"Bye Jane.. See you.. soon... Babe"

See you soon?
He sounded happy. Is he...?
But didn't uncle..

Never mind.
I don't want to keep hopes till things start moving.

I got up, changed and came out to take a walk.

Before I could go far, I heard Uncle's voice. He was screwing someone at 5.30. Poor whoever.

Suddenly it clicked me- Killer was supposed to be up all night. Hoping that it's not him, I silently walked towards the football field.

It was him - a mess, running across the field doing modified suicides.
Uncle would wait for him with a pretty set, at one end without giving him any break.

But what caught my eye was Uncle doing his own workout.
I've heard people saying how much he loves to roger others by just Pushups.

He didn't go easy on himself either.
I saw him doing many types of pushups with hardly any break.

He would match his sets with Killer's suicides and change his own when he completes one.
After almost an hour of non stop suicides and workouts, Killer was shaking and breathless.

He failed to get up from his last burpee of the morning, earning a few curses from Uncle who had changed to crunches.

After a few minutes of getting oral training, he was allowed to go and take a quick nap before reporting back to his office at 1000 hours.
Poor man, it would be a nap indeed.

I expected Uncle to go back too, but I was surprised to see him continue.
He took out a stop watch and did his workouts in sets according to the watch this time.
It took me some time to realise that he was trying to do sets of sixty in one minute.

How can a man finish 60 crunches or 60 burpees or 60 pullups ups in just one minute?

He did six types of crunches in back to back sets followed by a minute's break. I was funny to see him grunting and caressing his fried abs.

Next were pull ups and by the end I was afraid he might fall off in that momentum.
His loud breaths confirmed that he was struggling to keep the pace.

His timer made the 'ding' sound before he could finish 60 and he let out an annoying squeak. He kept pulling up and did ten extra.
So that was his way of punishing himself for crossing the time limit.

Dropping back down and giving himself another thirty second break, he started with burpees, leg raises, and flutter kicks.

If my ears were good at their only job of counting the dings, his plank lasted nothing less than 4 minutes!

At his age, if I were to do a plank after everything he did, I wouldn't last even 40 seconds. Four minutes are just too much!

It was great to see him pushing himself - the man who cruelly pushes everyone else here at KMA. But there was one thing I noticed.
He reacted like a normal man. He would grunt, make sounds of disappointment, mutter curses under his breath instead of keeping a poker face and hiding the fact that he was struggling and getting tired.