Ch26 It's Fire Time

I pulled him up, despite being all sweaty, with one arm on my shoulder. I dragged him till the main door of gym when i saw Killer and Ren running in.
Killer was behind Ren, obviously. She came and moved his other arm on her shoulder. We both supported his weight and started walking.
Killer opened his mouth to say something, but looked at his leg and moved aside to let us pass.
There was a stretcher kept just outside and two of his teammates standing along with it.

We laid him down on it. The boys picked up the stretcher and started walking.
Killer held Nick's hand, and tried to keep him awake by talking to him.
"Brother, you fine?"

"Yea Willy, I'll survive."
"Nick what's all this? Will you tell me, atleast now?!"

There you go. Killer digging in.
Ren got pissed off. "Wills can't you see he's dehydrated?" She kept a bottle with ORS written on it, and a straw attached to it. She put the other end in his mouth, and he took big gulps of the fluid.

"No ma'am I can't see. That's why I'm asking him to show me what's going on! And this.. fool won't tell me!"
"Buzz off Wills. Let him get better. Talk to him after that."

"Ok fine!"
He stepped aside and let the stretcher go away, faster now. But he didn't stop walking, max what he could do with that plaster.

I was with Nick. "Jane.."
I heard him speaking my name.
"I'm here Nick."

"You know everything, I know."
My eyes went wide. How could he possibly know that I was listening to their conversation?
"It's ok, I don't mind you doing it. Don't say anything to your Killer, let me talk to him first. You'll face his wrath unnecessarily. Moreover, I can't escape his questions now."

"Ok Nick. I won't tell him. But some day, you gotta tell me about that mission. It has affected all three of you badly. You guys need to talk among yourself."
"Yea, I think so too, now."

"Jane, don't you dare curse me next time. Lady curse is deadly."
I let out a laugh.
"I'm sorry Nick, I shouldn't have done that this morning. I promise I will not do that again."

He smiled. He looked relieved, off the burden.
Ren told me to wait outside and stop Killer from barging in.
I looked at her with questioning stare. How am 'I' supposed to stop 'him'?

Anyways, as said, I stopped just outside the med room and saw Killer approaching mumbling to himself.
"What does he think. Huh?"
Before he could enter I stepped in front of him.
"Let me through!"
He lightly barked at me.
"Sir, you need to calm down. They're trying to get his vitals back to normal. It's not a good idea to get in there and make everyone nervous."

I said that in one go. Phew. Somebody give me an award of bravery, already! Did you all see what I did there?
"I'll hang you in hailstorm on that tree, if you utter any more word, instead of moving aside."
My heart skipped a beat, I forgot to breathe, felt a drop of sweat running down near my left eye, my mouth dry. All this in that one second when he said looking into my eyes.

I moved aside with wobbly legs, and he stormed in.
I heard him shouting at everyone.
"What the hell? Why haven't you started an IV? He needs fluid Ren! Can't you see?"
Ren getting more pissed off "Wills I can see everything. I can also use my brain which says that the IV will hurt him during his next fumes. Now if you will please let the medics do their job.."

"No, I need to talk to him!"
This was escalating. I moved a few steps to peep in.
Ren was standing very close to Wills. Good height has it's own advantages. Her eyes were at level with Killer's.
"You, will leave now."
"He is my brother. I'll stay with him as long as I want. You are no one to stop me!"

That went to next step.
"If you don't move out in next ten seconds, I'm gonna move out to Col James office and tell him that I need my med care to work according to me. And not by families."
They were both looking at each other, like bulls ready to fight.
"Don't make me start the count Wills."

"Do as she says Willy. I'll talk to you as soon as I'm fine. I promise no more hiding."
Nick did the best he could do while lying on the bed lifeless.
He turned and moved out. I have never seen him so angry.
He came out and sat on one of the seats.
I could see him struggling hard to control his anger. Uncle James was doing the same earlier, controlling the breathing.
Like father like son.

We were sitting there for almost an hour. My eyes were super heavy, due to lack of sleep. The sun had risen. It was morning and boys had reported on the ground, with some other instructor. They left for their usual morning run.
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Ethan in that group. Then i looked for others, and I saw everyone except Miller.
They were up and going for their morning run. They're not excused? I'm sure all of them were up till at least 2 in the night. Poor boys.

Then i heard Nick's voice "Brother you there?"
Killer stood up and walked in.
Ren was coming out at the same time.
"I'm sorry ma'am, I crossed my limits. This will not be repeated." I heard him saying to her.
"I'm not mad at you. But learn to control your emotions Willy."
"Thanks, I'll try my best."

Wow! Killer apologising? Ren IS something!
She came out and saw me. "Goodness cupcake, you're still awake! Look at you, you look terrible!"
"I don't want to leave Nick. Though I come fifth or may be last in the list of people caring for him, but I really wanted to see him well before I left."
She gave me a teary smile and said "That loser is blessed to have so many people caring for him. You can meet him after Wills is done taking his viva."
I laughed. That lady is love.

She went and I peeped in again. Yep, Killer was taking his viva. He stood with his arms crossed on his chest, looking at poor Nick.
Nick looked better though.
"So Nick.. You need to start talking. I spent one hour calming myself down, thanks to Ren, but don't -"
"I yelled at him Willy."

"You what? At whom?"
"Dad."

A loud what pierced my ear drums. "What? You did what with father?"
You could see a lawyer/bodyguard waking up in his body. He was getting angry .
"I called him a murderer. I said it's because of him that I lost you. I called him the worst dad ever."
Nick was sobbing, really loud.
Oh my god. I never thought that was possible. These guys couldn't do any such thing with Uncle James.

"Nick, I will... Thank your stars I'm not killing you for this. But. Don't show me your face now. Don't call me brother anymore. We're done. I don't entertain people who disrespect my father. Also, I need to talk to him. I don't want to talk to you Nick." he said all that with clenched jaw.
Oh shit.
Nick knew this. That's why he didn't open up in front of him yet. Not even uncle James.

Killer came storming out.
I need to do something, before he does something equally stupid and hurts uncle even more.
" Sir! You need to listen to him! "
" You. Stay out of this." he said while walking past me.

"No I will not." he stopped and turned back and looked at me after he heard that.

************************************
This girl is playing with fire, right?
Yea she is.

If you've come this far in the story, you must know why.
She cares.

So the weekend is over, updates will be slower.. I'm sorry.
But I'll keep writing, don't worry.
I cant believe I've written more than 25 chapters just by my imagination.
Thanks to all who've voted and appreciated.
Comments, critics and suggestions are still, and always, welcome.