Ch45 Who's Him?

Friday.
A word that brings joy to most people on earth.
But it's just another sweaty day at KMA.

"Major Wills."
It was uncle James, after my first morning run, calling out to Killer.
Ren was panting and running to reach us fast.

"Good Morning sir!"
Oh he knows how to say good morning?
"Morning Officer. Your appointment is due tomorrow, right?"

"Yes sir."
"I'll have to rush through the visit and leave right after it. There's a meeting at the Headquarters, on Sunday morning. They want to present commendation, to the officer behind success of Op Phantom."
He said that last part with a facepalm.

"But that would reveal my identity sir!" Killer responded instantly.
"Exactly. I don't know how can Chief even think about it." Uncle James replied.

Okay. So Killer went for that fancy operation and it was a success. And on top of it, they want to commend him officially. And on top of it, he doesn't want the commendation because that will reveal his 'identity'. And on top of it, uncle agrees to it.

What kind of humans are they. It's a rare phenomenon to receive a commendation from the Chief. I know that because Dad always used to talk about it.

"Miss Jane, be ready at 8 tomorrow morning. We'll be going to the Forces Hospital." Why me?

"But sir.. She has no busin.." the word was paused in the middle by a death glare from Uncle. Killer regretted opening his mouth.
"She is under our security. I don't trust anyone. She'll either stay in front of my eyes or yours. Are we clear?"
"Clear sir!"

"Captain Renee, inform him that we'll be at the hospital at 0900 hrs, sharp." Uncle ordered her and left before she could take a deep breath and shout yes sir.
By the way, who's 'him' now?

"If only people learn to behave with their saviours, world would be a better place to live in."
She started off an argument lightly.
"Ren don't push it." Killer was clearly pissed off. Great!

She shrugged her shoulders and left.
The effect of this two minute conversation was pretty obvious on my workout.
More taunts and less breaks.
But I was thinking why would Killer get so angry by the word 'behave'.

The day went by slowly.
Finally there was some peace at med care room, today.
I used the first opportunity and talked to Ren.
"Why was he so annoyed at what you said? And who's him?"

She let out a laugh. "Answer to both the questions is same, and you'll meet him tomorrow." She gave me a wink and went to call someone.
"Sir! How have you been?.... I'm great! Ya a month's leave!..... Hahah, he's not so bad after all.... Yes sir, tomorrow. Colonel ordered me to personally inform you that we'll be there at O-9 Sharp.... I'm sorry on his behalf... That's so kind of you.... Yes sir, I'll be there too.... Good day sir. "

What is going on?
I've developed enough senses to know that the guy on the other end of this call is the same 'him' I'm asking for.

I looked at Ren with raised eyebrows.
" He's the orthopaedic in the Forces hospital... who is treating your Killer. "

How does she know that! I've only told this to Nick! That bas...
"And Willy... Doesn't really... Love him.. Is all I can say."
"Why is that?"

"God Jane!"
"Tell me." I said with closed eyes.

"He decided to put plaster on his leg.... "
"That's not wrong. You do that for every broken bone isn't it?"

"For 6 weeks...."
"Erm.. I knew it is done for around a month, but 2 weeks more won't hurt much?"

"Against his will, all the while getting scolded from Colonel in front of a room full of people." She spoke this last part quick before I could interrupt.
"Shit! He didn't kill him?"

"That's what he plans, everytime he looks at the plaster." Ren signed and stamped and left.
Jesus Christ!
I remember the first day I saw Killer. There was a definite 'hate' relationship between him and his stick+plaster combination.
God it must have been embarrassing for him.

I need to meet this man! He is 'wanted dead' by Killer. Can you imagine how great he must be! (devil laughs)

Nick stirred out from his sleep.
"Hey Jane.."
"Hey buddy.. How are you?"

"I'm.. Am I alive?"
I felt bad for this guy. But then I suddenly remembered what Ren said a few moments back.

He sensed the anger with which I stomped towards him. "What happened to you suddenly?"
And he jumped off the bed, saving himself from me. "You sucker! I trusted you!"

"But what did I do?"
"You told Major Will's nickname to Ren!"

He stopped escaping, stood still for a moment and then burst out laughing.
"You think nobody knows that? I bet he knows that himself! Even dad must be knowing it. Don't worry no one's gonna judge you. He has been called by very embarrassing names. Killer is still too sophisticated!"

I didn't know whether to punch his face, or accept what he's saying.
I chose second option, after I was done with first.
Poor Nick held his hurt nose for next few minutes.

.
.

" I'm not him! " Ren cried out within seconds of first set of ab punches. She moved a few steps back to avoid the assault.
" You're all same." Killer took hold of her sweat shirt and pulled her back to original position.

"God. Willy. You'll. Kill. Me."
"Stop." and she came and stood near me.

"I'm not practicing with you today. Go back."
"Crunches, Ren." he warned her, pointing at the ground.

"No!"
"Ren, now. I'll not wait all night." his tone getting angrier.

"No! I'll face Colonel, instead of you."
"Well then face him." And we all turned around to see Uncle James coming towards us.

"Continue" he only said one word, and Ren started her Crunches.
"Stop". 43.

"Pathetic." he looked at the timer in my hand.
"Don't go easy on her" he said that to Killer and left.
We both looked at him with wide eyes.
"None of us is leaving now, so behave." he said as he pulled Ren up by her hood and started punching even before I announced.

No doubt, she is not coming for practice tomorrow. But, I need to meet that guy who has this effect on Killer.

Ren gave up after seven sets tonight. Guess he followed Uncle's orders quite literally.
While she lay panting, rubbing her sore abs, I silently finished my own counts, avoiding his anger.

Oh wait!
Uncle is leaving tomorrow evening. That means Nick got excused from his last fumes? Oh thank god. He's got dark circles under his eyes now.
But wait, that is not how things happen here.
We'll know about it soon.

But right now, I'm looking forward to meet 'him' tomorrow.