Ch81 Fast Forward

Wills ordeal is over. And things are... getting back... to normal.. Hopefully!

************************************

JANE'S POV -

So three days of Killer's ordeal were over.
Uncle made him do every work that he otherwise wouldn't do himself.

And apparently Nick had him at the edge of a knife so dangerously that Killer swore to not repeat his mistake ever again.
I still have no clue what went down in the Interrogation Hall.

"You need to keep these medicines." Ren told Nick while arranging a few pills in a small box.

"I'm going on a mission, Ren. They have a complete medical team ready."
Nick replied casually.

"Nick.." she held his hand and looked into his eyes. She was serious, and I could feel the fear Nick had by just looking at her seriousness. I felt a little afraid too.

"This is for you, before you leave for the mission. Please listen to me, and do as I say." she said.

"You are freaking me out, Ren. I know there's something more to this mission that all three of you know."
Nick said.

What? Another mission with a hidden story? Nick is so done!

"I'm sorry babe. I'm not allowed to even do this. But I can't see you in trouble. Just don't ask me anything, and do whatever I'm telling you."
Ren was pleading him.

"O...kay... Fine. What all am I supposed to do?"
He said giving up.

"Great! Firstly, keep these medicines. Second, take your winter sleeping bag. Third, keep a hoodie in your bagpack. And fourth-"
She said at an urgency.

"Ren I'm leaving day after tomorrow. You have time. Calm down." Nick tried, but Ren is not Ren if she can calm down so easily.

"That's true."
Ah there he is!
The sleeping beauty. The Prince who is cursed.

"Calm down Ren. He can survive."
Killer said walking towards us, with dark circles under his eyes. I think he needs to sleep more. And also eat something, his bones are visible under his skin.

"What do you mean survive? What the hell is going on? Is Beta sending me on a weird mission too?"
Nick asked confused.

"His name is Reese. General Reese. Don't utter that in front of father."
Killer defended the guy I didn't even know.

"Whatever. I don't like him anyways. But what did you mean by 'He can survive' ? What have they planned for me?"

"Can't tell." Killer said shrugging his shoulders.

"Damn all of you." he was getting irritated.
"Do you also know about it?"
Suddenly I realised that the question was directed at me.

"Me? No! I don't understand a word of what you all are saying. I only know that you are going on some mission."
I said the truth.

"Then I'll sit with just you." Nick came and sat next to me.

I looked at Killer and Ren with the 'What is this' look.

"Nick, honey, you know I only want good for you, right?"
Killer's throat clearing made her change her statement in a second.

"We- we only want good for you, right? Don't do this to me- us. Nick?"
Ren said like a mother talking to a 5 year old kid.

"Fine. I know Dad has told you not to tell me. Ugh this is so annoying."
"It's lunch time. Let's go and solve the issue with food." I suggested.

"Great!" Killer exclaimed happily, then controlled his expressions.
"I mean yeah, let's go to the mess and talk there."
I somehow controlled my laughter.
Since his ordeal got over, Killer likes to eat as much as possible whenever he can. May be because he was so hungry all these days, and now wants to make up for it.
Silly man.