Ch32 Fiery Angel

It was all fine when Killer got back into his trainer mode.
"You think you're on a holiday?"
Okay, so my time is up.

Whatever was left, part of smile on my face, disappeared. "No sir."
"Well then let's continue with your training."
"Yes sir."

I didn't know what happened behind my back, but all three of them stopped whatever they were doing and stood straight like a statue.
I turned back to see Uncle James.

"Good afternoon sir!"
I went deaf at that moment. Two male and one female, top of their voice, in sync.
Uncle nodded at them and looked at me. "Did you get to sleep?"
"Yes, uncle." I said while tangling and de-tangling my fingers, awkwardly.

I was leaning on one bed, half sitting half standing, while the rest three were standing in perfect attention.
He came and sat on of the tables, like a handsome teen. Gosh Jane! What the hell?
So what? He's handsome, come on! And he's badass too.

He started with his usual stern tone.
"I have realised one thing."
A silent gap, and three deep breaths .

"That I'm busy in my job, more than required. I'm not paying attention to you people at all. I'm not keeping a track on your fitness and progress. If there's no monitoring, laxity creeps in. Right Jane?"

Oh tricky question.
"Right..?" my answer was more like a question for confirmation.

"So, I have decided."
Three gulps.

"From now onwards, I'll keep an eye on your workouts. Major Nick, after this weekend, you'll come with me for jogging before boys report in the morning."
"Yes sir."

"Major Wills, when is your appointment with the orthopaedician due?"
"This Saturday sir."
"Great. I'm tired of waiting to get this thing off your foot now." He was clearly annoyed, but helpless.

"And Captain Renee. You came back from leave. How was the break."
"It was good sir."
"Great, that means you've flushed my hardwork?"

There was a moment of silence.
Ren didn't know what to say, she was looking at the ground.
"Answer me!" that was rude.
"I worked out in between, sir."

"In between. I see. I think my lessons are not so important afterall."
"I'm sorry sir.."

"You all know I hate that word." Uncle was getting angry. But he was very rude with Ren. I couldn't understand why.
"Do you really want to continue or you're fine with these white linens?"
"I want to continue sir."

"I didn't hear. Do you want to continue?" Sterner.
"Yes sir!"
"Don't mumble when I'm talking to you, keep your voice loud and clear."
"Yes sir!"

"Alright. Wills you'll restart your schedule after doc says. Nick you want an invitation to go train the boys?"
Nick saluted uncle and ran out in a hurry.

"How long since you trained with me?"
"five months." Killer responded.

"Not you, you!"
He pointed at Ren. Killer's face was red and full of hate. As if someone took his favourite toy from his hand and gave it to some other child.
On the other hand, you could see fear gripping Ren. What's going on?
She responded with a jerk.
"Two.. two months sir."

"I want you to be present in gym in 3 minutes. Wills, you give the medical cover till she comes back."
"But sir..." Killer was refusing?

Col stood up with a loud thump under his feet and walked towards him.
"What sir? You have any problem with it?"
"No sir."
He looked at him with a warning look.
"I'm waiting for this cast to be removed. Then I'll solve all your problems. I hate to see my hardwork rotting away. One way or the other." He turned his gaze to Ren again, full of anger, while saying the last part.

"Your time has started officer, you're late already." He warned her, looking at his watch.
In that moment I saw Ren in a whole different form. She sprinted to the washroom and came out within 30 seconds wearing a tshirt and track pant. She literally jumped over the tables blocking her way, like a ninja. She was not a doctor at that moment.

"Some day I'll check your coaching too. One disappointed me miserably. Let's see if you've done your job right."
That was for me, I guess, because right now Killer is coaching just me.

"Yes sir!"
Uncle turned and left.

"Today's wasted too. I hate this." Killer was irritated.
I wanted to run away before he directs his anger at me.
"Go with him, I'll join you in sometime." He pointed towards Uncle James. Oh thank god.

I sprinted away from his sight.
Entering gym with him again. Last I did this was last night, and it didn't turn out to be very pleasant.
But it's Ren, I wonder what is she supposed to do here.

She was stretching when we reached.
As soon as she saw us, she stood in attention.
This time we were in a different part of the gym.
It had no equipments, no room. Just huge mats on the floor.

There was a platform made on one side. Uncle motioned me to go there.
I climbed on it and sat there.
He started circling Ren who was on the verge of breaking down.

"I'll count for you."
"yes sir."

"Burpees"
And she fell on the floor on all four limbs. Next moment she was standing and jumping in the air.
He counted till 10.

"Crunches"
Oh i don't like them. Twenty crunches.

"Pushups"
There you go, worst thing on earth. Twenty again.

"Squats"
Yea, that's the first exercise I did at KMA. oh goosebumps of the memory!

This went on for next few minutes, without a break, all the time uncle moving round and round.
She was starting to sweat and her breathing getting heavier.

I saw Killer standing a little far away from me. I didn't see him coming.

"Enough?" he asked her.
That's it? He was all rude at her for this workout. My daily dose is ten times more than this.

I was getting ready to climb down and go back when I heard "So, warmup is over. Come on, defence first."
Defence?
Then my eyes widened.

I saw Col James attacking Ren in different ways, kicking, punching. And she defended herself most of the times.
Wow! She's got quick reflexes!
Once in a while she would get hit by him, and the pain was obvious on her face, no matter how much she tried to keep a straight face.

After a few minutes of what was considered the fight warmup, uncle was getting serious. He would punch her and didn't wait for her to pick herself up, before kicking on her legs and making her fall down.
Then he would tangle himself somehow, his whole body trapping hers, and his elbow around her neck, choking her.

She would try to get lose from his grip and finally tap on his elbow accepting defeat.
This happened five- six times.
Before she tapped, I could hear Killer saying things like 'hold on' and 'try harder' and 'wait'.
And after she would tap, uncle would just leave her on the ground to take few breaths before calling her in disappointment, to get up again.

The boys might be disappointed by her, but I was super impressed. She's got moves of a fighter!

This was getting interesting.
Is everyone here trained like this?
I never knew Ren, a doctor, would be trained too!
As I waited for more action, it got more intense.

"Fight, now." she was ordered, after few more defenses.
I saw them taking positions bringing their elbows near their waist and hands near faces.
I tried so hard to stop myself from shouting 'Fight!'

************************************

Please vote for more action!!