Ch61 Heebie-jeebies

"I got the leave" he said with a straight face.
"Come on Nick! You have everything you needed. You are just a call away from that guy. Don't be a rotten potato now." he laughed at me.
"You've been spending too much time with Ren." It was my turn to laugh.

"Okay then tell me about the leave. What happened between you two?"
"Four" he corrected me.

I looked at him with wide questioning eyes.
"Sir Louis and Wills were there too, barely holding their breaths." he said chuckling.
My eyes widened, as if there was any scope for it.
That means, Killer gave me a break and left in a hurry for this meeting.

"Really?! Tell me the whole conversation!" I demanded.
How could he say no to my genuine request, and those puppy eyes.

"
I knocked on that door again today, in the evening. My hands shook greatly, remembering everything I did this morning in the same room.
"Come in!" he barked, and I knew I'm dead.
I knew he found out my crime and I'll be hung for it, soon.

I wanted to turn around and run away.
But there was no option of going back.
I entered to find someone else, on the end of his sword.
Usually he doesn't punish people in this room.
But I think Sir Louis's crime was quite serious.
He was pushing on the floor where I might have been, if dad just carefully saw his folders in that locked cupboard.
I took a deep breath, and calmed myself down before dad catches me peeing in my pants.
I promised myself that I'll confront to him about ruffling through his stuff without his permission, once this mystery is solved. That gave me some peace, and I made a straight face.

"I was about to call you. Good you showed up yourself." Damn. My bladder! He had to say that before I could even fully enter his room.

"Sir" I saluted and stood in attention.
"What happened in the morning?" he asked me, and I mentally prepared myself to die.
I have been caught and will soon be dying pushing next to this Boss.

"Sir?" I don't know why I said that single word in that questioning tone, but I'm glad I did, otherwise I would have dug my own grave right there.
"What happened on Sunday morning?" he asked irritated.

Oh! He must be enquiring about Wills' fumes.
"Sir, we were with Major Louis till early morning. After that, I was... Not... Feeling well, so... I left and reported at med care. I was there till noon, so I didn't exactly see anyth-"
"I'll hang all you three under that bone chilling fountain, and wait till you choose between saving asses, and breathing." he said with flared nostrils.

"Sir I swear.. Please listen to me." I heard his voice from the floor.
"Up!" dad shouted and he was straight in a moment.

Dad looked into his eyes with absolute hate and terrible anger, for a moment.
"Give me one good reason, why should I listen to you? Afterall you do things, in my academy, without my permission, that too in my absence!"

I laughed silently. He doesn't know what else has been done in his absence. This would look like a child accidentally breaking his toy, in front of my crime which is no less than a bank robbery.

"I'll tell the truth sir. Please." he begged Dad to let him speak once.
I'm sure, the most terrified person in that room was neither him, nor me. It was my poor brother.
He must be silently praying that Dad doesn't ask him anything.

"I know who tells the truth here." Damn, it was nice to meet you Wills. See you in next life.

And he went and stood directly in front of Wills. One who has all the boys hold their breaths, was shivering in fear himself.
"What happened that night?" this was getting interesting. How will he manipulate the truth now?

"We were on terrace when Major Louis came. We greeted him like orientation days. As promised to have his way with us, when meeting in your absence, he made us do some workouts. Nick got exhausted because of his already weak state, so he was excused and sent to med care. I was taken to gym, and was made to do fumes. I became unconscious in between and I woke up to find myself lying on gym mats, Major Louis sitting with ORS and a few food items. He shared his posting experiences and after some talking, he sent me back. I reported directly at med care in the morning around 1000 hours ."