Ch09 Poor Killer

Finally we reached KMA. Underwent the tests. Thanks to dad's training, Wills came first and I secured second position.

Then his next-to-impossible schedule started.
He was supposed to report at 4.30 in the morning while the whole batch reported at 6. And at night others used to leave by 9.30, he stayed till 10.30.
He used to come back drained of energy, drenched in sweat. So many times I used to help him walk back. Dad never showed mercy to him.
Though Wills got into a gruesome training schedule, I was not left much behind too. Every time dad thought I'm not performing well, he used to give me a good dose of Wills training.

And Wills left no stone unturned to meet dad's standards. He fainted of dehydration and hypoglycaemia many a times. Everyday dad used to push his limits further.

He would have got screwed enough in the morning by the time we arrived, which was evident from the amount of sweat on his uniform. Then he worked out with us, was expected to perform best amongst us and was punished otherwise.
And at night when nobody was left with the energy to walk back to their rooms, he would get screwed for an hour more.
First 6 months the extra hours were focused only on his stamina building. Dad used to take him out of the campus for running. Dad is a brilliant athlete. Keeping pace with him is an impossible job. Dad used to run and Wills used to follow him.

I went a few times and I fell at his feet to turn back. He would never listen. He would make us run for solid one hour without a break. While coming back we would often commando crawl for more than half a mile."

"What's a commando crawl?"
"You lie on the ground, and push your body forward using only your elbows. Not allowed to touch the ground with any part of our upper-body except elbows."
"That sounds hurtful."

"It is more hurtful than it sounds. Not just your elbows go for a six, but your back and shoulders hurt like hell too. And no matter how much energy you spend, you can't move beyond a certain speed. So you're literally stuck there to suffer.

Then after reaching the ground, pushups, handstands, chinups and all that you can imagine.
This used to go on till the whole batch arrived.
After that we were made to run in the ground for the first year, and outside academy's campus second year onwards.
Rest of the day felt like forever.

Then Seasoning by seniors in the night was a whole different level of challenge of survival."
"What do you mean by Seasoning? Don't tell me you were ragged?!!"

" Shhh! Don't say that word. It's not allowed to speak that word. Our seniors used to adapt us to the academy, army and stuff. But the whole teaching.. was quite.. Not upto our liking."
He rubbed his biceps and shoulders in pain as if he just relived those moments. It must have been worse than the routine training.

"Wills must have got excused from that seasoning thing right? He was out there with Uncle James."
He gave a sarcastic smirk. "Wills was our leader. So he had to learn all the Seasoning processes in much more.... detailed ways. And our seniors, after a few months, got to know whose sons we were, all came looking for us. You won't miss a chance to screw sons of that one person who screwed you for three years straight."

Oh my god. Poor Wills.
"You mean.."
"Yes. Like I said, he underwent the toughest training amongst all of us."

"And what about.."
"You already know so much about us, woman. We've been talking for hours! Still you're asking."
I realised it was dark. But listening to their training stories was awesome.

"It's like a movie. So interesting."
"Tell this to your Major Killer. He'll show how the villian of a movie looks like."

The thought of asking him about his life, in itself, was so scary.
I shook my shoulders and tried to dig out more from Nick. "I am not ready to die yet. Tell me more."

"Who's about to die here?" A heavy voice came from behind.
Oh no.