Ch38 Before Back To Zero

I was impressed how badly Renee wanted to be trained by uncle.
And how serious uncle James is, to make her better.
Wow.

"I still don't understand why is he so strict and rude with you?"
"Reason number one, I'm one of his 'special' cases, but he knows if he doesn't make me feel so low, I'll fly high in the clouds.

Reason number two, we don't practice daily, may be once or twice a week, this time it's been two months. So to ensure that I'm in shape, he instills fear in me every time, and it works like shit! But it's him, that I've learnt and improved so much. He's cool with me otherwise, but when it comes to practice, my ass is always on fire. "

" Why was Major Wills laughing back there? "
" I hate that potato. He is lucky, sir is training him. He never lets me get over the truth that sir refused to train me."

I was surprised. She was jealous of Killer just because he was getting trained by uncle and she wasn't.

" Are you serious? Don't you know what all he went through? Would you survive that? "
" Why not? If he could, I can, too! " she argued back.

" Oh you can? Well then why don't you keep this plaster and I'll go drive to the town and grab a beer?" That was Killer, back, with a big laugh, appearing in the scene.
Ren was angry. She threw one of the ice packs at him and he caught it just in time, laughing loudly.

" It's a pleasure listening to your sad story over and over again. " he teased her again with a bigger laugh. I've never seen him so happy!
She threw the other ice pack too, which he caught.

"Who taught you those throws? Poor teaching I must say."
"You rotten pork!" she shouted at him and tried to get up. I held her shoulders and calmed her down, though I was trying so hard to control my laughter too.

"You go and sleep. We'll continue your training from tomorrow." he told me.
I couldn't help myself asking him "And you..."

"I'll give this couch potato some cover. If she keeps hopping, she won't be able to run tomorrow." That earned him a blow on his shoulder, and he winced in pain.

"No murders Ren.." I whispered to her.
She kept a straight face, and then brought a sarcastic smile on her face. I laughed and left.

I now thank dad to leave me here. I would have never known what happens at KMA. I would have never met these awesome people, known their awesome stories.

Now, I actually look forward to my own training.
It's great to be around these people!