Antebellum

Sharpclaw blinked before frowning sharply, his eyes narrowed at Vallun's words. There was no doubt about it, the battle was about to begin. His head slowly looked at Smaug and Cobalt, the both of them could see how serious he was.

"D-Dad?", asked Cobalt as she looked at her father with great concern.

Sharpclaw looked at her and gave her a smile, "Don't give me that face. Everything will be okay."

With those words did he turn around, he looked at Vallun as he said. "Get everyone together, I will meet the ugly bastard half way."

Cobalt looked shocked, her heart was firmly pounding up against her rib cage. She was fearful about the situation, and what could possibly happen to her father. Heck, to everyone who was in the clan.

Death was always a guarantee in battle, but it was so much higher when it came to war.

Smaug was about to say something but Sharpclaw looked at him sternly. "Don't you worry. I will go meet that brute halfway. I'd rather die than let him interfere with my daughters wedding."

Smaug frowned in anger, "Yeah, but going out there to meet him halfway? What the hell!?!"

Sharpclaw smiled, his stubbornness began to show. "I ain't gonna die that easily boy!"

Sharpclaw walked away from them with a smile, he began to give out his order in a orderly fashion. Everyone stopped what they were doing, as they begun to get ready for war.

Smaug watched him go with a look of pure frustration upon his face. While Cobalt looked terrified, was her father serious about this.

Smaug looked at Cobalt with a thoughtful look before he turned around to face her. "Cobalt..."

Cobalt looked at him curiously still a little shaken about the whole thing, "Yes..?"

Smaug gave her a smile as he placed his forehead against her own, this gesture caused Cobalt to blush. "Uh..?"

Smaug finally spoke, "I am going to promise you that we will have a proper wedding after this is all over. So wait for me."

Cobalt had light tears in her eyes as she nodded slowly yet softly. "Okay..."

Smaug moved his head away as he followed after Sharpclaw, Cobalt only watched with a soft smile on her features.

In a split second the clan was celebrating for a wedding but now they were beginning to get ready for war. Sharpclaw blinked taking notice of Smaug who was prepping himself for combat.

"Smaug? What are you doing?", asked Sharpclaw with a frown.

Smaug looked at him seriously as he said, "I will not let you go to war alone. You are part of the wedding to, so I will not let you do something so incredibly stupid by yourself."

Sharpclaw stared at him for some time before he smirked, "Fine. I swear you are just as stubborn as me, which I don't like that."

Smaug gave a brief smile in response to Sharpclaw's words.

The clan of Sharpclaw began to move out, the females and the youngsters were told to stay in the clan walls. The females will act as herbalist if needed if someone was to get hurt.

Cobalt was scared as she watched them leave, it was a serious situation. But she had faith in her father as well as her husband, which she could not believe that Smaug was her husband.

It seemed like yesterday that Smaug and her had only just met, but now look at them.

Smaug walked beside Sharpclaw as the both of them led the clan into combat. His two pets were running out in front of them.