Re-encounter

Cripple and Reza were walking back together to where the giant was last seen, and though they were feeling confident there was still that cold feeling following them. Always when a battle was to start, there is that feeling that lingers on behind them. It hangs over one like the whole entire world was about to crash upon them at any second, and they not know when it was going to descend on to them completely.

It was times like these that make fighting in battles terrifying. No one knows the outcome, and death could happen to anyone at any given time. It doesn't matter if one is strong or smart? One can have it all to survive, only then to die so suddenly and violently.

This was the time as always in battle where the blood runs cold as the once warm air begins to change becoming colder as it stings the nerves, for fear changes how everything looks. Every living thing has experience with such fear at least once in their life time, for fear effects everything and makes it into a goddamn nightmare. It matters not how big or how small one is. Those who are familiar with such fears are those who are known as herbivores. All their lives as blind they have been tormented and haunted by those who feast on their flesh. They feast on it with so much greed and reckless abandon.

Of course, that was the common thing about their lives not that they knew it when they were blind. Every living thing wants to live and survive and the blind will do whatever it takes to live, and sometimes that selfishness alone can lead to many others dying while one coward runs away. Not at all caring if they had caused so many deaths. The blind herbivores do this often from what we have seen, and always it is the herd that suffers at times.

We the conscious fear death much like we fear the blind that torments our very lives. The blind are oblivious to such things when it comes to feelings and so they react, viciously in fact? Death to the blind are viewed differently to us who can think, and feel. We don't want to die where as the blind just accept it, though they fight violently with what strength they have left to stay alive.

Which view is better between the two? Fear death completely but think smart? Or not think at all and viciously fight to stay alive? Then again when we think about it further, we are oddly so much alike to them for we fight until the very end. Death is final, that much we knew and so we have to fight, to stay alive.

We were once blind, but we are not. We are not blind anymore. The world is changing around us now and we have to adapt to it, even though we don't want too. What's important now is to stay alive with those who we are close to and live on with them into the future. We fight for that future and we fight for them.

"It is just a bit further.", spoke Reza as she released a strong breath from her nostrils. The scents around her were familiar to her for she was closing in on where she had seen the giant last.

"Okay.", responded Cripple as she remained close to Reza who was a good bit taller and bigger than her. Cripple looked around as the sounds of distant cries of life went on around them.

The sounds of life was all around them and yet the sounds of each breath from the two of them seemed much louder than the other sounds that went on around them now. Cripple took notice of it, and she looked at Reza who was now looking at her. Both of their eyes soon shifted to the trees ahead of them, as footsteps closed in. Each step was abnormally louder than the last, and Cripple and Reza were highly on guard now.

They were expecting the giant but what they saw made Reza glare harshly. It was another rex, one who she recognized immediately. "Hunter!", snarled Reza for she knew who he was and she did not like him. Not at all.

"Hunter?", asked Cripple as her eyes remained on the brute before them.

Reza's glare was fierce and unforgiving, she didn't like him nor did she trust him and Cripple was aware of that as she looked at Reza after asking his name. Hunter smirked toward them, his gaze was cold and rather manipulative. "You don't look to happy to see me, that almost hurts my feelings."