Drugery

As the moon descends back behind the many wild mountains and as the sun slowly begins to ascend into the familiar sky once more, many large individuals took notice of the approaching dawn. Another morning has arisen, which means it was time for more work on the community which was not going to build itself.

The sun was floating slowly into the sky and with it a beautiful color of faint red and purple into the sky. Another day was starting again for both the conscious and the blind. A mixture of large and small were waking up together in the community as they all shake the feeling of sleep off of them.

Gambit had dozed off after sometime, and was softly touched awake by a tiny hand. "..?"

Gambit blinked the sleep out of his eyes lightly as he looked at the leaf where his company was, or was supposed to be for she was gone. She must of snuck away sometime ago, and didn't let him know either.

She was definitely an odd one, but she didn't appear to be bad.

"Are you okay?", asked a shy voice as Rain looked at him with concern.

Gambit looked at her confused, "Huh, uh yeah? Why?"

Rain looked at him as she softly looked down soon afterwards, "I saw that you were with that black raptor and I got worried?"

Gambit tilted his head at the small herbivore, she showed concern for him all because of that mysterious raptor who had stayed near him all night. Course he blushed a tad, "No need to be worried, she just I guess needed a shoulder to cry on?"

Rain blinked hearing his response, she went quiet as she looked away looking a little uncomfortable.

Gambit raised a eyebrow at her, "Something you wanna tell me?"

Rain shook her head, "N-No..."

The raptor looked at this herbivore with a confused expression, and he wondered why she wouldn't tell him about what was on her mind. She walked away from him and he watched her return to another herbivore who was asleep.

Gambit didn't know who she was but she apparently knew that black raptor. Perhaps, they had a history. Though, he was curious he wouldn't pry into her business seeing that she didn't want to talk about it.

Shifting back to the leaf, he laid down on it and just as he did was he scolded by a familiar face.

"Gambit! You need rest!", whined Belle in a frustrated tone as she placed her hands on her hips.

Gambit looked at her before closing his eyes and looking away, he still felt betrayed by her from earlier. Belle seeing this reaction from him, made her smile at him as she shook her head, she looked back as Ahnyx walked up.

Ahnyx blinked taking notice of the herbal stash, and he walked over to it. The herbs that he had in his woven bag were all placed out upon a stump. They were organized and he noticed a few were messed up, he obviously could tell that they were messed with. "Did someone take a few herbs?", asked Ahnyx as he looked at Gambit who clearly jumped up lightly.

"Someone came by, said they couldn't sleep.", replied Gambit who then was lightly smacked on the head by Belle. "H-Hey!"

"You are supposed to be resting! Do I have to watch you!", scolded Belle who shook her finger at him.

Gambit looked at her with a frown, "Don't scold me! I can do whatever I want! Besides, what was I suppose to do? Ignore her?"

Belle let out a sigh, "I swear..."

Ahnyx chuckled lightly at the two of them, "It is okay, but you do need rest. Besides, we have a busy schedule today."

Belle nodded with a smile, "I'm on the case!"