Conquest

The sounds of each thud was extremely loud and hard to ignore, as the giant fell from the steep slope. Hunter was also mixed up in it, as he tumbled down with the large blood thirsty beast.

It was a very nauseating experience for neither of them knew which was up and which was down. Pain was another thing that added to the nausea, for falls like this can easily break a limb or two. It wouldn't be that surprising if the both of them had broken bones at this moment.

The first to stop falling was Hunter, for he managed to get some kind of friction to stop his fall. His head was spinning as a hot searing pain exploded in his cranium suddenly.

"Ugh damn...!", he snarled through his teeth which were bared. Hunter had his right eye open while his left eye was closed, a warm trickling feeling slowly oozed down from both sides of his large head.

Shaking his head he could not ignore the pain that pulsed every time he moved. His eyes soon were open but only lightly as he looked after the giant which was still falling due to its massive size. Size was a blessing and a curse, though the beast had strength along with size. However, gravity was unforgiving to those of massive size.

Brontosaurus and other long necked herbivores knew about gravity all to well. Which was why they were very cautious when walking around, but at times their fear would get the better of them. Especially if chased by a large predator, when that happens they tend to panic. When that happened more times than not, the poor herbivore would meet a very sad fate when traversing. They would fall and in absolute fear with broken legs, for they would be soon eaten alive.

Loudly the giant monstrosity roared as a massive thud was heard, even the earth all around vibrated and shook. A good indication that the giant had reached its end of falling, and now it was time to see if this giant predator had suffered any injuries from the fall.

Hunter shifted his aching head to Cripple and Reza as they carefully tried going down the slope. It was very tricky, but the both of them were taking their time. Which was probably a smart idea.

"Is it dead?", asked Cripple while looking down further where the giant was.

"Not sure?", groaned Hunter who was having a hard time getting over the splitting headache he had.

"Let's see if it is dead.", was the words out of Reza's maw. She carefully continued forward, leading the duo downward.

Not far from them, Skyfall was quick to return to Scarface, Scalpmuzzle, and Ahnyx. He was quickly pointing them into the right direction. "Over here!"

"I really hope that Cripple is okay!", exclaimed Ahnyx who was worried for her as he followed his small party forward.

"I believe she is fine! We are almost there!", assured Scarface who was thinking positive.

It was usually a good thing to remain positive, but at times that was difficult. After all, this life wasn't easy and it had a way of breaking ones spirit.

Scalpmuzzle was feeling all kinds of emotions, but the major one he was feeling was fear. He honestly didn't want to lose a friend, and he was also worried about Gullet. Just where did that teen rex get too?

As they closed in, Hunter finally reached the bottom of the slope. Behind him was Reza and Cripple who were very weary of the giant beast before them. Their eyes were focused on the giant body that laid on its side, its breathing was definitely easy to pick up.

"Damn! It ain't dead yet!", snorted Hunter in utter annoyance. From what he could tell, he had a head injury from the fall. There was no proof if he had more injuries than that, for his body must be full of adrenaline right now.