The Parting

The pain was far greater than when his face was ripped off, this giant was far to powerful. After so many years of fighting and training, he was still not able to get his revenge. Now he was going to die, and his daughter will never know what happened to him.

He couldn't get up, and he couldn't see his daughter again.

She was never going to forgive him.

He couldn't help but smirk at the thought that he was going to die here, on what use to be his lands.

"You were always the curse that haunted me, and I'll see you again in the afterlife.", snarled the Evil One as he looks up at the large predator that had taken everything away from him.

The giant looked down at him, its head slowly tilted to his words before smirking in a rather nasty way.

The Evil One allowed his head to lay down upon the earth, he merely closed his eyes. If he was to die, he was going to accept it. Not once was he going to beg, he was not going to give this ugly beast the pleasure.

Seconds turned to a minute, and nothing happened.

What he did hear was the ugly sniffing of the large predator that had literally pummeled him. It was sniffing him, but why. Opening his eyes slowly, all that he saw was a mixture of color and red which came from the blood pouring down his face still.

The Evil One glared at the large carnivore as its large head looked up in a certain direction. When he caught on to where it was looking did he glare sharply.

It couldn't smell his daughter right?
If it had then things were going to be worse, far worse than simply dying there.

This curse of his wouldn't be his only problem, but it would become a serious problem to his flesh and blood as well. If this large predator was to head back to the community, his daughter would surely die. A feeling of fear went through his veins, which was a new feeling to him. Although, he had lost his mate a long time ago. He never felt fear like this one before.

His bloodline would surely cease if this giant was to go to where his daughter was.

Moving his head did he hear footsteps, they were walking away from him. This brute was really starting to get on his nerves. Though, his body protested against him. He still tried to get up, the ground below him was starting to take that faint red color due to the severity of his injuries.

Every inch of his body felt like he was torn to pieces, his wounds which were deep began to burn. The pain he felt literally went running to his head where his brain resides. The nerves were all alive with electricity, for the pain was just that great.

Every ounce of his being cried out. Begged for him to stop.

Finally standing up onto his feet, the light sound of blood dripping onto the ground occurred. His breathing was harsh, ragged even. He could see the giant walking away from him, his sight was very shaky as he stood there motionless. It was like he was afraid to move.

The Evil One was greatly injured, his strong body was not the same as it was. He definitely was not going to last much longer in this fight, but he had to do something to stop this ugly beast from getting to his daughter.

Her words however, they played within his mind.

All his life, he had survived great feats. He conquered and ruled in many fights. Not once did he think about others, but that changed the moment he lost his mate. His daughter was out there somewhere and he had to find her. It was a long process, and truth be told he was about to give up searching for her. But it was like life had different plans.