chapter 31

After work, Jasmine went to Skyler's club house to collect her paycheck from Mrs Johnson.
Mrs Johnson was an elderly woman who hosted a charity event at the clubhouse during the weekend, and Jasmine was the one that catered the event.

Jasmine thanked Mrs Johnson with a warm smile on her face, putting the cheque in her bag as she left the clubhouse.

She decided to stroll down a little bit before taking a cab home.
Light breeze brushed her face smoothly as she walked down the street, humming a song, "Naked" by James Arthur quietly.
She looked up and she could see thick black clouds covering the evening sky. It was spring and so it usually rained alot.

"Guess it's gonna rain tonight," she said with a sigh as she continued walking. The streets were busy with vehicles, loud sounds of engines filled the air and people walked by as everyone were returning back from work.

As she walked slowly, she caught a strange feeling that someone was watching her. The feeling was creepy and ridiculous but she stopped on her tracks and turned to her back slowly. She noticed a black SUV a few feet behind her. She had a feeling that she must had seen the car parked across the club house and couldn't see who was behind the wheels, as the windows were winded up.

She turned and looked ahead, a puzzled look on her face. She didn't know why but she felt like she was being followed. Taking slow steps, she gripped the hand of her bag tight as she knew the car was slowly following her from behind.

Her mind was flooding with fearful thoughts as she thought of what to do.
Just when she thought about increasing her pace, the car sped past her and drove away.
She stopped, placing a hard on her chest as she let out a heavy breath, relief flushing through her veins.

She placed a palm over her forehead and shook her head slowly.

'Fuck! That was creepy.'

She thought, glad that it was actually nothing. She didn't know why she suspected that the car was following her but she felt relieved that it was just a random car, passing across the streets.

She'd heard alot of real life stories of people who were being followed by strange cars as they walked back home from work and then suddenly, they were kidnapped or killed. Jasmine never thought much about it but as she felt the car following her, she couldn't help but think that maybe a kidnapper or serial killer was following her.

'Stop being paranoid Jasmine. It's nothing. It's just a random car, there's nothing to be worried about.'

She said in her thoughts, letting out a long sigh.

"It's nothing." She breathed and continued walking.
As she walked quietly, she still kept on thinking about the car till she came across a boutique store and then she paused on her tracks, glancing at the clothes that were displayed outside.

A gown caught her attention and she moved closer, placing her palm gently on the show glass as her eyes gazed upon the dress. It was a sea blue fitted gown, designed with small silver stones round the neck.
Staring at the gown, thoughts about the SUV car disappeared as she imagined herself in the gown and thought of how good it would look on her and bring out the colour of her eyes.

She sighed."It's not like I have any place to go anyway," she said quietly to herself, eyes still on the gown. She would have loved to wear the gown on a date. A smile formed on her face as she thought of Andrew.

Despite the fact, she haven't spoken to him in a long time, she still missed him and longed to see him. She thought of how his green eyes would stare at her if he sees her in the gown.
Oh, how her heart longed to see him again even if it was just for a few seconds.

"I'm probably sure it's gonna cost alot though," she said, removing her palm from the show glass.
She gave the gown one last look, removing a strand of hair from her face and tucked it behind her ear.

Instantly, she noticed a reflection on the glass and furrowed her brows.
"Is that..." She turned back quickly and froze on her feet as she saw the last person she expected to see at that moment.

"Andrew!" Her voice was small and whispery as she looked across the street with wide shocking eyes.

Coming out from a restaurant, Andrew was dressed casually as he was smiling widely with a young lady by his side. The tall skinny brunette blushed when he wispered into her ear, pulling her closer to him by the waist.

Standing few feet away from them, Jasmine felt a sharp pain in her heart when Andrew kissed the lady fully on the mouth.

This can't be happening!

Her heart beat quickened as her breathing got rough.
Her grip on her bag tightened as she watched them kiss with so much fury in her eyes. The pain she felt in her palms as her nails dug into her flesh meant nothing. The only pain she felt was her aching heart.

They broke away from the kiss, laughing as they entered his car and drove off.

Jasmine kept her eyes on the car till it was out of sight.

All those while her heart longed for him, he never really cared about her.
She meant nothing to him. Her heart felt like it was shattered into a million pieces. Never in her wildest dreams did she imagine Andrew would hurt her or cause her so much pain.

She felt weak on the knees as she couldn't move her legs. Everywhere became quiet as the only sound she could hear was her heartbeat.
She wanted to scream, she wanted to say something, but she couldn't. No sound could come out as her mouth felt dry. She stood on that spot, eyes still on the road.

Clenching her fist hard, no tears formed in her eyes as the only emotion she felt was anger was regret.

She was angry with herself for letting him into her life that night at the bar. she was angry with herself for going on that date with him. She was angry with herself for making out with him in his car. She was angry with herself for all those times she kept calling and texting him.

But most of all, she was angry with herself for falling in love with him so easily and believing that maybe, he was the one.

Don't forget to leave a vote and comment lovelies ❤️❤️❤️