chapter 33

Sitting down on the chair, Jasmine clenched her fist tightly, her eyes never left the opened box on the bed.
She had recovered from her shock few minutes later.

Nothing was making sense to her.
She still couldn't believe what she saw inside the box.

She felt a heavy headache building up and she rubbed her palm on her forehead gently. First it was the green eyed jock who broke her heart and now Christine. She couldn't handle it anymore, it was too much.

Immediately the door opened and Christine walked inside, dripping wet as she dropped her backpack on the floor.

Jasmine raised her head and looked at Christine with blue eyes filled with so much anger.

Christine arched her brows as she was surprised by the look on Jasmine's face. "Jeez, whats with the stare?" Christine asked, taking off her wet hoodie.

Jasmine said nothing, clenching her fist tightly, giving Christine an angry glare.

Christine let out a scoff. "well if you're not gonna talk, can you stop...."
Her eyes shot wide as she saw the box on the bed.

"What the fuck!"
Christine rushed and grabbed the box in her arms, shutting it quickly.
"Why the fuck would you go through my stuff ?" Christine asked angrily.

"Why the fuck would i go through your stuff ?" Jasmine said through gritted teeth, trying hard to hold back her anger.

Christine said nothing as she looked away from Jasmine, holding the box close to her chest.

"Since when Christine?" Jasmine asked in a calm tone as she got up slowly, facing Christine.

"Since what?" Christine asked, not looking at Jasmine as she kept her gaze on the box in her arms.

"Don't you fucking play dumb with me Christine. And look at me when I'm talking to you."
Jasmine warned her in a low angry tone.

"Look Jasmine, the shit ain't mine okay. I'm just holding it for a friend." Christine said, looking at Jasmine with a slight frown on her face.

Jasmine exhaled deeply through her mouth, placing a palm on her forehead.

This is too much!

Deep down, Jasmine was raging with anger and was trying her best not to let it out or she might do something she would regret afterwards.
"Christine, i'm only going to ask you this once and you better give me a straight answer. Since when did you started taking weed?"
Jasmine asked again, glaring hard at Christine.

"I'm telling you the truth okay, it isn't mine. I'm just holding it for a friend."
Christine persisted.

"You're just holding it for a friend?"
Jasmine asked coldly, shooting Christine with death glares, not believing a word Christine said.

Sighing, "look I don't care if you believe me or not, but I'm telling you the truth," Christine said.

"You expect me to believe this crap you're telling me? That you're holding it for a friend? How stupid do you think I am Christine!"Jasmine inhaled sharpely, wiping her sweaty face with her palm.
Despite the heavy rain and with the AC turned on, she felt hot. Being in that same room with Christine was making it hard for her to breathe, and she felt hot inside.

Finding the weed in the box left Jasmine disoriented and troubled as memories of what she had to go through in the past because of Christine came haunting her.
Before Christine went for rehab, she was always getting into trouble and getting arrested for possessing and selling drugs on the street.

Instantly, Jasmine's eyes grew wide as she looked at Christine with a horrified look on her face. "Are...are you now selling drugs?"

"What?" Christine was shocked. She didn't expect Jasmine to ask her such question. It was true she was holding the weed for a friend in college and even though she had smoked a little and lied about it, she wasn't selling drugs. She wished Jasmine would believe her and stop pestering her with questions.

"Oh my God! You're fucking selling drugs Christine!"
Jasmine grabbed a fist of her hair with both hands as her eyes shot wide, swallowing the big lump in her throat.
A shiver ran through her spin as her worst fears came back to live.

"What! For Christ sake Jasmine, I'm not selling any fucking drugs okay. Why won't you fucking believe me."
Christine retorted angrily, getting fed up with Jasmine's accusation.

"Don't you fucking raise your voice at me." Jasmine warned harshly, pointing at Christine.

"After everything Christine, after everything I have done for you. You promised you wouldn't do drugs anymore. You fucking promised me!"
Jasmine's voice cracked as she felt a sharp pain in her heart.

Christine growled angrily. "I'm telling you the truth Jasmine. I AM NOT DOING DRUGS."

"SHUT THE FUCK UP,SHUT THE FUCK UP." Jasmine shouted furiously, raising a fist towards Christine.

Christine drew back quickly in fear, using the box to shield her face. If there was one person Christine feared, it was Jasmine. Despite how tough and strong Christine was, seeing Jasmine's angry face and fist raised at her always terrified her.

Jasmine noticed Christine's reaction and slowly brought her fist down.
She didn't know when her fist got up.

Jasmine let out a shaky deep breath. She felt exhausted. Chest heaving heavily, she wiped her sweaty face with her palms.

The door opened quickly and Christian walked in.
"Hey guys, is everything okay?" he asked with a confused look on his face.
He was in the living room when he heard their loud voices and rushed in immediately.

Jasmine let out a long sigh as she shook her head slowly, looking at Christine with defeated eyes.
Jasmine thought they were over this episode. She thought that finally, Christine's addiction to drugs was over but she was wrong.

"You know what, I'm done. I'm fucking done with you Christine. I don't give a fuck anymore. I'm not doing this shit anymore," Jasmine said with a serious look on her face and brushed Christine off roughly.

Christine stumbled backwards slightly, still holding unto the box. She didn't dare say anything.
She knew she was lying about taking weed but she had smoked only a small amount and didn't understand why Jasmine was making a huge fist about it.

If she could only confess to Jasmine and ask for her forgiveness then maybe, Jasmine might cool off a little. But Christine's selfishness and ego wouldn't let her apologize.
She had never apologized to Jasmine whenever she was caught doing drugs. She saw no need in doing that as drugs was her only escape from feeling depressed.
Even though the rehab she had gone for a year ago had helped her in a way, she just couldn't control herself whenever she sees weed.

"Hey, what's going on?" Christian asked as he grabbed Jasmine's wrist gently.

She said nothing, pulling his hand off her and walked out of the room quickly .
She couldn't stay there anymore. She needed to leave. All she wanted at that moment was to run away to a place that was far and free from all her fears and troubles.

"Hey! Jasmine." Christain called out as he rushed to catch up with her, leaving Christine alone in the room.

Jasmine bolted out of the house quickly, ignoring christain's voice as she ran out under the rain.

She couldn't take it anymore. It was too much for her. She just wanted to escape from everyone and just be alone.

She ran and ran, not bothering to check where she was going. She just wanted the pain in her chest to go.

Running out of breath, she stopped at an empty corner, fully drenched with rain and fell on her knees.

"Aaahhhh." She screamed out loudly into the harsh rain, the tears finally coming out.

She was done been strong. She was done holding back her tears and just wanted to let it all out.
Her tears mixed with the rain as she cried out loudly, clenching a fist to her chest.

The rain didn't care about her as it continued to pour down on her harshly. Lightening flickered in the distance and a crack of thunder followed.
No one cared to pass by and take a look at her.

She cried bitterly, breathing roughly as she felt empty and all alone.

I feel so sad for Jasmine 🤧😩
Don't forget to leave a vote and comment lovelies ❤️❤️