chapter 63

Jasmine was by her desk, going through the system when she saw Raymond walking towards her. Her heart leaped with excitement and a smile tugged on her lips.

As he got close to her, she gasped in shock, seeing the bruises on his face. He had a small cut on the side of his lower lip and his left cheek.

Getting up quickly, she rushed to meet him. "Raymond, what happened?" There was panic in her voice as she touched his face.

"It's nothing." Raymond chuckled, grabbed her hand and took her to his office. Closing the door, he held her hand and walked to his desk.

He placed his bag and car key on the table. He leaned on the table and holding her on the waist, he pulled her close to him.

"What do you mean it's nothing? Look at your face. Who did this to you?"
She asked, grazing her finger tip on his lip, careful not to touch his wound.

He took her hand into his and brought it to his lips, placing a soft kiss on her knuckles. She was too worried about his well - being that she ignored the warmth his kiss brought to her.

"Does it hurt?" She looked worried as her blue eyes searched his face closely.

"No." He murmured, curling his fingers over hers.

"Who did this?"

He let out a soft sigh and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Its nothing to be worried about Jasmine. I'm okay."

She knit her brows in a deep frown and squinted her eyes. "Don't tell me not to worry. You were perfectly okay when I left you yesterday and now, look at your face. I have every reason to get worried," she told him.

He smiled, feeling a sense of satisfaction knowing she was worried about him.

Instantly, her eyes went wide in horror. "Was it Andrew?"

He let out a quiet groan, it was obvious she wouldn't stop asking about what happened to him.

"Oh my God!" She exclaimed in shock. "He did this to you?"

"It's not what it looks like. You see, Andrew and I had a dispute to settle, so things kinda went side ways. But not to worry, everything is alright." He assured her as he ran his palm on her arm.

"what's going on between you and Andrew?"

He let out a low moan."It's a long story. I'm sure you don't wanna hear it." his reply was short. He leaned forward and placed a kiss on the nape of her neck.

A sudden flush covered her face. "Raymond!" She tried to push him off but he tightened his hold on her waist and he let out a soft chuckle. He sucked on her exposed skin and her flush deepened to crimson.

"Raymond what are you doing? we're at the office. Someone might come in. Please stop." She protested as she wriggled, trying to free herself from his hold.

"No one would come in." He pressed soft kisses on her neck, moving his lips down to her collarbone.

"Raymond, please stop.." Her voice betrayed her as a moan of pleasure slipped from her throat and he smiled. He drew his lips away, leaving her gasping for more. He wrapped his arm around her, burying his face in her hair as he smelt the familiar fragrance of her hair.

She rested against his hard masculine body, her fingers playing in his hair and her delicate touch sent jolts of pleasure through his body.
"Tell me Raymond. I wanna hear it."

He shook his head, resisting. "I don't wanna talk about it." She felt his cheek rubbing against the top of her head.

"Is it because of Ella?"