chapter 30

"You should have said so from the beginning that you had other plans for tonight," Raymond said as he sat upright on the bed, watching her as she got dressed.

Sophia sighed, getting up from the bed after putting on her heels. They were in Raymond's bedroom and had finished their third round of sex when Sophia had informed him that she was leaving.

"I'm sorry Raymond, but I really need to get going."

"Fine." He grumbled as he got out from the bed butt naked.

She chuckled lightly. "C'mon don't give me that look now." She walked up to him and kissed him lightly on the lips. "I'll make it up to you, i promise." She whispered sexily in his ear and bit his earlobe softly.

He grinned and held her face in his palms. "Well you can make it up to me by being my date to Ruth's wedding," he said.

She gave him a weird look as she raised a brow. "You want me to be your date?" She asked, surprised by his request.

Raymond had made it clear to Sophia from the beginning, that whatever they had was only based on sex. Just friends with benefits and so she shouldn't expect anything else from him except sex.

"I guess," he said with a shrug, letting go of her face and sat down on the bed.

Placing a hand on her hip, she looked at him strangely. "I thought you don't do dates."

"It's not actually like a date okay," he said and raked a hand in his hair.

"Okay." She folded her arms, standing in front of him as she waited for him to explain himself .

He exhaled and looked at her. "Look, Ruth threatened to throw me out if i don't bring a date along and there's no other person i rather go with than you. Besides you're a family friend so it's not like you're actually my date or something. That's just how I see it."
He explained to her.

Raymond's family were really close friends with Sophia's family. They have known each other for many years. But Raymond started hanging out with Sophia when he started working at his father's company.

"Hmm, so what am I then?" she questioned, showing no hint of annoyance by his words.

"Well, you're a friend so....uhmm..look it doesn't matter Sophia. Are you coming with me or not?" he asked and held her hands.

She looked at him saying nothing and he waited for her answer.
"No," she answered and pulled her hand from his.

"No?"
He wasn't expecting that. He thought she would gladly accept his offer since she had been complaining that he should take her out on a date.

"Why?" he asked, getting up."Do you have a date already ?"

She chuckled. "No i don't."
she walked over to the couch and picked up her bag and Jacket.

"Okay?" He was confused.

"I'm not going to the wedding," she said, turning to him.

"What do you mean you're not coming to Ruth's wedding? You do know your family will be there right?"

"Of course I know Raymond," she said with a scoff. "Look, i have this situation I need to take care of and I'll be going to Spain by next month so i don't think I can make it to the wedding."

"What situation? Have you even told Ruth about this?"  He questioned, folding his arms.

"Yes, i have already apologized to Ruth and sent her wedding gift already. We went out for lunch last weekend, so it's all settled," she told him.

He nodded slowly with a frown on his face but said nothing.

"Yeah." She smacked her lips lightly. "So, i guess you're gonna have to find yourself another date. "

He still said nothing as he stood there, looking at her with a stern look.
He felt rejected and the feeling hurt his pride. Never had any woman rejected his offer.

She sighed and placed her jacket on her arm."I guess I'll get going now," she said to him

"Yeah, you should go." He finally said.

"Alright then." She walked up to him and placed a kiss on his cheek . "Goodnight," she said and gave him a smile and walked out of the room.

"Fuck!" He muttered under his breath as he sat down on the bed, placing his head in his palms.
"What am i gonna do now?" he asked himself as he shook his head slowly, sighing deeply.

Share your thoughts with me lovelies and don't forget to vote( ◜‿◝ )♡❤️❤️❤️