chapter 32

It was raining heavily as Jasmine paid the taxi driver and ran into her apartment building. She shook off rain drops from her hair as she took the stairs slowly.

Her drive back home was painful and it left her feeling so depressed and heart broken. The taxi driver tried engaging her in a talk, as he kept on ranting how it had been raining heavily lately and how a reckless driver almost hit his car earlier that day. She blocked out the driver's voice as thoughts about Andrew clouded her mind.

Maybe the lady he was with was the girlfriend he told her about that night. Or maybe it was some random lady he met, who would soon end up forgotten and rejected like he did to her.

He could have called or at least sent her a message. He could have had the decency to tell her that he had gotten back with his girlfriend or maybe he wasn't interested in her anymore.
Why did he have to make her go through all those stress of calling and texting and wishing that he would come around and at least, give her a call.

She was too angry to shed a tear as she kept on thinking how she made a fool of herself.
She didn't have any friends to call and talk to about the situation.Though, she was close with Gloria, she still didn't want to call her. She didn't want Gloria meddling in her personal life. Even if Jasmine had someone else to talk to, they might make fun of her for falling so easily for Andrew.

Sighing deeply, she brought out her key from her bag and unlocked the door.
She walked inside and closed the door quietly behind her.

Christain walked out from the kitchen holding a glass of water in his hand.
"Hey,"  he said to her softly.
His hair was damp as he had just gotten out from the shower.

"Hey," she said tiredly without looking his way.

"You alright?" he asked with concern in his voice as he noticed the tired look on her face.

"Yeah." She gave him a weak smile and walked towards her room.

She opened the door and entered inside the room. She looked around and saw that Christine wasn't there.
She was too tired to bother about Christine. Whether Christine was home or not, she just didn't care at the moment.

She tossed her bag on the bed and sat down heavily. She raised her right leg and rubbed her ankle gently.
Rubbing her ankle, she closed her eyes and listened to the heavy sound of the rain.

After a few seconds, she opened her eyes slowly and let go of her ankle, letting out a small yawn.
She was getting very tired and just wanted to sleep. She needed to stop thinking about Andrew. Had to stop thinking about his beautiful green eyes.

"Fucking green eyes." She cussed out angrily.

She took off her earrings and wanted to get up, when one earring slipped from her hand and fell down, rolling under the bed

"Shit." She muttered with a sigh.

She got on her knees, bent down and looked under the bed. She saw the earring and stretched her hands and grabbed it.
As she pulled her hand out, she noticed a small box by the corner. She reached out and pulled the box out.

It was an iron box and it looked rusty.
She hasn't seen the box before so it must have been put under recently. She noticed the box wasn't locked.
She held the box as she got up and sat down on the bed, placing the box on her thighs.

She knew the box belonged to Christine, so she wasn't meant to open it. But she didn't care as she was too curious to know what Christine had kept inside the box.

It's not like Christine would know she opened it. She would just have a quick look and keep it back.
She opened the box slowly and looked inside.

Her jaw instantly dropped, staring at the box with wide shocking eyes.

No no! This can't be happening!

Her breathing got heavy as all the air in her lungs left her.

"Is ...is...is..this...is this..weed?"

Oh no😯😯°°°°°°°••••••°°°°^

What have you done Christine!!!!!!!!!