chapter 47

It was around 6pm as Jasmine got back home. After her karate classes finished by 1pm, she spent the rest of her day at a small cafe, drinking black coffee and watching YouTube videos.

The evening breeze blew on her hair as she stepped out from the taxi and paid the driver. He gave Jasmine her change and drove off.
Three teenage boys on their bicycle rode passed her. One of them with blonde hair looked at her and gave her a sexy wink. She arched her brows, watching the blonde as he rode off and she let out a chuckle.

'Fool.'

She shook her head, putting her change in her pocket.  She had her earpiece plugged to her ears as "Better now" by post Malone played from her phone.

Her eyes darted across the street and she noticed a black SUV behind a red sedan, parked across her apartment building. Immediately, she remembered the black SUV that she thought was following her yesterday.
Her heart beat quickened and she swallowed hard, a shiver running down her spine as she stared at the car with unwavering eyes.

The black SUV roared to life and drove off slowly. Holding her phone, she took pictures of the licence number, keeping her eyes on the car till it was out of sight.

'What the fuck was that?'

Raking a hand into her hair, she bit the inside of her lip as questions pondered in her mind, her eyes darting across the street and she could feel her pulse racing.
This was the second time she was noticing the car and it sure wasn't just a mere coincidence to her. Someone was watching her and now the person knew where she lived.

Fear gripped her as she realized that she was being watched, but by who? she woundered. She didn't care whether she was overreacting or being paranoid but she needed to report the case to the police. With the picture in her phone, she can be able to know who was watching her. She needed to be more careful and alert and cautious.

She sighed deeply and swung her duffel bag over her shoulder and climbed the stairs to her apartment.

Getting to her flat, she brought out her keys from her jean's pocket and unlocked the door. She walked inside and took off her sneakers, closing the door quietly.

The house felt empty as she looked around and saw no one in the living room. Going to her room, she could hear footsteps from inside and she knew that Christine was back.

A long sigh escaped her lips and she rubbed her temple gently.  She had planned on taking a shower and preparing dinner before talking to Christine about what happened last night. But since Christine was already home, she would have to talk to her first. She had to confront Christine about the drugs she found and needed to clear the doubt in her mind.

"Okay, let's do this." She reached for the door knob and twisted it as she opened the door. Walking in slowly, she closed the door behind her. She saw Christine putting a black hoodie and jeans inside her big backpack.

"What are you doing?" Jasmine asked, walking towards Christine as she pulled out the earpiece and brought out her phone, pausing the music.

Christine didn't bother to look at Jasmine as she zipped her backpack shut.

"Christine." Jasmine called her.

"What?" Christine growled, placing the backpack on the bed, an annoyed frown on her face.

Jasmine let out a scoff, looking at Christine in disbelief. "So you're gonna start off with that tone huh!"

Christine let out a long sigh, putting her hands in her hoodie's pocket. "What do you want?" she asked using a harsh tone.