chapter 52

Raymond parked his car in front of Jasmine's apartment. The street was quiet and dark, not a single soul to seen outside around that time of the night.

Raymond looked towards Jasmine's flat and saw that the lights were on. He hoped silently to see a glimpse of Jasmine's shadow through the curtain or maybe, just maybe, she would come out through the balcony and he would see her beautiful face.

He gave the building a long glance and looked away, gripping the steering wheel tight as he placed his forehead on it.

'What was I thinking coming out here by this time?'

He shook his head slowly and shut his eyes, exhaling deeply.

Coming out here was a bad idea, he knew it but he didn't want to drive away. Sitting in his car in front of her apartment was much better than being miles away from her. If this was the only closure he could get, then he would gladly take it.

He raised his head slowly and looked back at her flat, arguing with his thoughts if he should go or stay. Just when he wanted to look away, a male figure passed through the curtain

"What the.. " Raymond arched his brows and squinted his eyes with an annoyed frown on his face.
He saw the figure pass again and he gripped the steering wheel tight, clenching his jaw. He felt a sharp pain from his wound but it was nothing compared to his aching heart.

It had been a long time since he'd felt this way. The last time he had this feeling was when he would see another man holding his Ella and he had felt jealous and angry.

Here he was, trying to figure out what was happening to him, why he felt restless and it was all because of Jasmine. But she didn't care about what she was doing to him. She was having a nice time with her companion and he was feeling miserable and confused with his thoughts.

His brown eyes turned dark as he watched the figure, standing by the window. He couldn't see the man clearly through the curtain, but he knew the man looked tall and a bit muscular because he wasn't wearing a shirt.

'I shouldn't have come here, fuck. I'm such a fool.'

The only option he had to escape the shame was to drive away but he couldn't. Eyes still on the man, Raymond waited, waiting to see a glimpse of Jasmine's figure.

Suddenly, a woman blocked his view as she leaned towards his car window. He averted his gaze towards the woman with a groan but he couldn't see her face clearly through the hazy, filtered street light.

He pressed the window button and it winded down and his heart leaped with joy when he saw Jasmine's face.

Her long hair was loosed, her face looked tired but beautiful, and her blue eyes looked confused as she searched his face closely.

He felt relieved seeing her close to him and he wanted nothing more but to pull her into his arms and take in her divine scent till he falls asleep.

"Raymond." Jasmine called, her soft voice disrupting his dreamy thoughts.

He cleared his throat lightly. "Yeah?"

"What're you doing here?" She asked, tucking a strand of hair behind her  ear.

"What're you doing here?" He asked, letting go of the steering wheel.
There was no way she came out from the building and he wouldn't have noticed.

She let out a snort. "Well clearly, I live here. What are you doing here by this time?" She asked.

"Where're you coming from?" He asked, ignoring her question as he got out from the car without shutting the door and walked towards her.