chapter 71

John had stripped Jasmine naked and cuffed her to the poles by the wall. Jasmine cried in agony as John's mouth trailed fierce kisses all over her body. Each time she tried to pass out, John would hit her with a horse whip.
Not wanting his wrought on her, she stayed awake, trying so hard to endure the painful nightmare.
She decided to distract herself from the pain as her mind wandered towards her siblings.

Who would watch over them when she was gone? Who would protect and care for them when she's no more?
And then she thought of Raymond.
Her heart broke down into a million pieces knowing she would never see his handsome face again, she would never hear her name come out from his lips, she would never feel his arms around her and his lips on her again.
She would never get the chance to tell him how much she loved him.
Her eyes and nose were wet and she wept bitterly.

She had lost every single hope of ever surviving until she heard the gunshots downstairs. John withdrew the knife from her neck and listened.
They heard struggles and shouts and then two gunshots before the entire building went quiet.

John got scared, fearing that his men were under attack or probably they had shot the intruder. As he tried to reach for his phone to call V, the door bursted open and Raymond charged in like a mad man. His arm was bleeding, his face bruised and he held a gun in his hand.

"Raymond!"
Jasmine's eyes gazed at his face with wide eyes. She was still as death, her heart thumping hard in her chest. Her eyes stung and watered but she kept them open, afraid the vision would disappear if she blinked.

"Jasmine." Raymond cried in horror, his eyes burning with dark flames as he saw Jasmine.
This couldn't be happening!
His heart broke and wept for her.

"You bastard!" Raymond exploded as his eyes, filled with rage and fury met John. His breathing was rough, hot blood shot through his veins and he raised the gun towards John.

John quickly grabbed Jasmine on the throat and pressed the knife to her neck. "Take one step Raymond and I swear, I'll slit her throat with this knife before you can even pull the...."

'Bang'

The bullet tore through John's forehead and he fell to the ground, dead.

Raymond tossed the gun and grabbed the keys on the table and uncuffed Jasmine. Jasmine fell into Raymond's arms and he held her tight.
"I'm here now. It's over." He kissed her hair.
She held unto him tight, shaking violently in his arms as she cried.

Sirens could be heard outside as the police surrounded the area. The police found them and covered Jasmine's upper body with a jacket. Raymond carried Jasmine in his arms as the police guided them outside.
The paramedics came and took care of their wounds. They had no serious injury so they weren't taken to the hospital.
The police secured the dead bodies, asked them few questions before letting them leave.

Jasmine was curled up in the back seat, a blanket wrapped around her body as Raymond drove her to his house.

**************
*****************
******************

Jasmine awakened to the patter of rain on the roof. Blinking, Jasmine registered her unfamiliar surroundings, the masculine bedroom, the king sized bed, the windows covered with silk curtains, the expensive furnitures and high ceiling. The room was tidy and the floor was polished.

She heard the door creak and her sluggish gaze followed the sound.
Raymond entered the room.

Her eyes lifted jerkily to his face. She froze with longing and fear and terrible yearning. He approached her with great care, his eyes filled with tenderness and concern. He sank to the bed, his big hand resting on her thigh. The touch of his palm against her skin sent a dance of painful awareness through her.