chapter 50

Jasmine stirred on the bed with a groan, the morning sun streaming through the curtains of her room. She awake groggily as a single stray ray rendered her blind.

She shut her eyes quickly and lifted her arm to shield her eyes from the light as she sat upright on the bed, her back blocking the sun light. Her eyes slowly fluttered open and she rubbed the sleep out from her eyes and turned to look at the clock.

9:20.A.M. the clock light blinked.

"Fuck." She muttered, placing a palm over her mouth as she let out a heavy yawn. She felt an enormous headache kicking in, her eyes felt strained and her throat was dry and sore. She placed her left palm over her throbbing forehead, turning again to look at the time.

9:22.A.M. the clock light blinked.

She let out a heavy breath and scratched the back of her neck, ignoring the headache as another yawn escaped from her lips. Her hair was a total mess, she had heavy sacks under her eyes as she had cried alot last night till no tears could fall.

When Christine walked out of the house, Jasmine sat on the floor with her knees to her chest as she cried out, hot tears rolling down her eyes. she felt devasted and depressed. The heavy pain she felt in her heart was undescribable and all she could do was cry till her eyes hurt and her tears dried up.

When Christain came back home last night, he'd found Jasmine all curled up like a ball on her floor, her eyes and nose wet and her face drenched with sweat.
With shock in his eyes, he'd rushed to the floor and took Jasmine into his arms, rubbing her back gently as she held unto him tight, fearing she might loose him, just as she had lost Christine. They stayed on the cold floor, holding unto each other for a long time without saying a word.

When Jasmine finally found her voice, she told Christain everything that happened. Christain wasn't really pleased with what he was told. He blamed Jasmine in his heart for not controlling her anger and chasing Christine out of the house. But looking at Jasmine's worn out face, his heart sank and he felt pity over her.
Jasmine refused to eat or change her clothes as all she wanted was to sleep.
Christain helped her up and walked her to the bed, tucking her in gently.

He'd sat on the bed, holding Jasmine's hand as he watched her sleep, his face filled with sadness and pain.

Letting out a heavy sigh, Jasmine pulled the covers off her and climbed out from bed, dragging her tired feet into the bathroom. She pulled up the toilets' lid, pulled down her jeans and sat down, relieving herself.
When she was done, she flushed and wore her jeans and walked back into the room, sitting down heavily on the bed. She scratched the corner of her lips and turned to see a note on the table.

Christain had left her a note that morning, telling her he had gone to school and left her breakfast in the kitchen. She read the note and dropped it on the bed.

As she tried to get up, her phone rang.
She reached for her phone on the table quickly, hoping it was Christine that was calling but her eyebrows ached with an annoyed frown as she saw the callers' ID.

Andrew was calling.

She stared at the screen, balling her palm into a tight fist as she could feel the anger kicking in. With an angry grunt, she tossed her phone on the bed and let out a heavy breath through her mouth.
He called her again but she ignored it, staring at the phone with a hard expression on her face.

He called the third time and she grabbed the phone, looking at the screen as she woundered why he was calling. Letting out a frustrated sigh, she answered the call.

"Hello beautiful," Andrew's deep voice said over the phone.

How strange! A name he always called her that made her blush and brought tingles all over her body, now brought disgust and hatred.

She shut her eyes for a second and flicked them open slowly, cleared her dry throat lightly. "Hey," her voice cracked.

"Hey, is everything okay?" Andrew asked.

"Everything is fine." She cleared her throat again and swallowed dryly.

'Fuck, I need water.'

She thought, getting up slowly and walked out of the room.

"You don't sound too good, are you sure you're okay?" His voice was filled with concern.

She wanted to laugh but her sore throat wouldn't let her. Here he was, acting all worried when he never cared about her. She stopped on her tracks as she felt enraged with his pretence.

"What do you want Andrew?" She asked through gritted teeth, waiting for his lie, waiting for another word that would cause her pain.

He didn't notice the hostility in her voice as he said. "I'm in Gainesville right now and I just thought maybe we would meet later for dinner. I've really missed you Jasmine."

Her tired blue eyes turned dark and her lips squished forward, while her nose scrunched up as she snarled, clenching her fist hard.

If he was anywhere near her at that moment, she would punch him hard on the face for using those words on her.
He claimed to missed her and yet he never called. He claimed to missed her and yet he never replied to her messages. He claimed to missed her and yet he was in town, smashing his lips on another woman while her heart was shattered into a thousand pieces.

She couldn't take it anymore. Hearing his voice was hurting already and now his lies, it was too much for her. She pulled her phone away from her ear and ended the call.

Wiping her palm on her face,she dragged her feet to the kitchen and dropped her phone on the counter.
Her phone rang again and she knew that he was the one calling. She clenched her jaw, restraining herself from smashing her phone on the floor. She grabbed her phone and turned it off.

"Fucking bastard." She muttered with an angry snarl.

She grabbed a glass and went to tap and filled the glass with water. She gulped down the water slowly, the cold feeling relieving the strain in her throat.

She let out a soft belch and wiped her mouth with the back of her palm as she dropped the glass.

She took her phone and walked back into the room. She opened the closet and took out her clothes for work and headed towards the bathroom to take a shower.