chapter 69

Christine was finally discharged from the hospital after a few days. Christain and Jasmine picked her up and they went to the ice cream shop before heading back home.
Things were finally back to normal just like the good old days. Jasmine's heart swelled with joy seeing Christine's glowing and happy face.

When they got to the house, Jasmine wore a grey cardigan and left to get some groceries. Raymond had told her he would be coming over to the house after work and she wanted to prepare something special for tonight.

She got outside and as she waited for a taxi, the tires of a black SUV screeched behind her and before she could turn, a black bag was pulled over her head, covering her face. She tried to scream but all that came out were muffled sounds as the bag was pulled tight. Fear gripped Jasmine, her breathing labored as she struggled to free herself.
She felt strong arms pull her off the ground and carry her inside the car.
She could feel herself slipping into the darkness as she had inhaled a toxic stench from the bag. She couldn't feel her body and instantly, she fell into a deep slumber.

**************
    ***************
         *****************

"So you finally decided to call me Raymond. Why haven't you been taking my calls or replying to my emails? Didn't your secretary inform you that I called?" Raymond's lawyer said over the phone.

"I'm sorry man, I've been really busy and kept forgetting to call you back." Raymond told him as he stepped out from the elevator on the 12th floor and went to his office.

"Of course you were." His lawyer muttered and Raymond chuckled.

"Hey Mitch, you haven't told me about the meeting with Mr Mahesh. Is the contract signed?" Raymond asked as he sat down on his chair and turned on his system.

His lawyer sighed. "That's why I've been calling you for the last three days but you wouldn't return my calls. Mr Mahesh refused to sell his company to us."

"What!" Raymond exclaimed, a confused look on his face. "What do you mean he refused? You were supposed to make sure that he signed the contract."

"You think I didn't try? The old fool changed his mind already and gave his company to his fucking grandson without informing us," his lawyer said in an angry tone.

"He did what!" Raymond exploded. He couldn't believe what his lawyer had told him.

"That's exactly what he did. I'm damn sure it was John's idea all along. Mr Mahesh wouldn't give me a reason for changing his plans. I almost punched the man during the meeting." his lawyer said.

"Fuck." Raymond raked a hand in his hair. His eyes squinted in anger and he loosened his tie.

"Do I call the buyers off?" His lawyer asked.

"No don't. I'll take care of the matter." Raymond hung up. He let out a frustrated sigh and rubbed his forehead. He told Jeremy through the intercom to contact Mr Mahesh office. Mr Mahesh's secretary informed him that Mr Mahesh was out of town.
When he tried John's office, his secretary told him that John was unavailable.

"Fuck!" Raymond slammed his fist hard on his desk, cussing angrily.
This couldn't be happening. He had to get back the company from John no matter the cost. He shut his laptop and grabbed his coat and car key and left the office.

***************
     ******************
         ********************

Jasmine awoke with a groan and when she tried to open her eyes everywhere was dark and then she realized that the bag was pulled off but she was blind folded.
She couldn't move her body as she was bound tight to a chair.