chapter 39

Eyes closed, he stirred on the bed and inhaled deeply.
"Mhmm." Raymond moaned softly in his sleep, hugging the pillow in his arms as the scent of strawberry hit his nostrils.

'This pillow feels so ...warm.'
He thought in his sleepy mind, burying his face in the pillow.

'Mmm and smells so good..like strawberry.'
He thought, sniffing the pillow in his arms.

'Why does this pillow feels like silk?..wait a minute...is this hair?'

He rubbed his face softly on the pillow, feeling it's smoothness against his skin.

"So smooth."
He thought as a small smile formed on his sleepy face.

He felt something warm touching his leg. He ignored it as he held the pillow closely, enjoying it's wamth. Again, he felt something nuzzling on his chest as warm breaths fanned his exposed skin.

'Wait a minute...did this pillow just breathe on my neck!'

He flicked his eyes open lazily, his sleepy eyes wandering round the dim room. He then looked down at what he thought was a pillow.
It was a woman sleeping soundly with her head on his chest,her arm holding unto him by the waist.

"Ohh." He raised his brows as the event of the night came back to him.
He let out a sigh, rubbed his sleepy eyes gently with his free hand. He released his hold on her and peeled her arm off him gently, making sure not to wake her up as he sat upright on the bed.

Jasmine stirred on the bed and turned to the other side, her back facing him.

He got up from the bed, standing straight and stretched his arms and legs, a yawn escaping from his mouth.
He wiped his palm on his face, blinking twice. He felt so tired and thought of lying back on the bed and pulling Jasmine back into his arms.

He shook the thought away.

'I need to go back to my room and get more sleep so that I can wake up early and prepare for my flight.'

He thought, scratching his neck as he yawned lightly.

Dragging his feet slowly, he walked to the window and pulled the curtain slightly and looked outside.
The rain had somehow stopped and it was still dark outside and cold as it would after a heavy rainfall but the cold wasn't skin bitting, just enough to one shiver.

Letting go of the curtain, he turned and glanced at the clock on the wall and a confused look appeared on his face when he saw what the time was. He rubbed his eyes slowly trying to clear away any trace of sleep from his eyes to make sure that what he saw was actually correct.

"What the...!" He was completely shocked.
The time was 5:23am.

"How...what.. ?" He couldn't believe it as he walked closer to the clock. "It's really 5:25 in the morning!" He exclaimed in shock as he shook his head in disbelief.

His early flight to France was scheduled for 4am and he felt numb and shocked that he had missed his flight. He had never missed a flight.. nothing was making sense to him.

He walked to the bed and sat down slowly, racking a hand in his messed hair and looked back at the clock.

"How is this possible?" he asked himself in a low tone, wiping his face with his palms.

He couldn't believe that he slept with Jasmine all through the night and he didn't have any nightmare.

Everytime he went to bed with a woman, whether it was in his house or in a hotel, he always wakes up in the middle of the night because of his nightmares.

He swallowed dryly, taking in deep breaths. Nothing was making sense to him. His eyes darted around slowly, looking for clues that could give him an answer to the questions troubling him. He got up weakly from the bed as he turned and looked at Jasmine who was still sleeping peacefully on the bed, her upper body rose and fell on a steady pace.

As he watched her his breathing got heavy and he felt sweaty.

This can't be happening!

He just couldn't believe it!

How was it possible that he didn't have any nightmare. And here, he thought he'd slept for only a couple of minutes. These thoughts ran in his mind as he stood there watching her with a confused expression on his face

Eversince the incident, he had lived with these haunting nightmares every night a woman sleeps by his side. He couldn't understand how he was able to sleep through the night without waking up all sweaty and anxious from his dreadful nightmare.

He exhaled heavily and wiped his face again. "What are you doing to me Jasmine?" He breathed shakily.