chapter 44

"Me!" Jasmine's words came out in a tone of uncertainty and disbelief.

'Is he fucking serious!
He wants me to be his date to his sister's wedding?'

She thought, staring at him with a confused look on her face.

"Yes, you," he said to her with a grin.

"But...but..I don't understand." She stuttered.

He chuckled."What do you mean you don't understand?"

"I mean why me? why would you choose me to be your date?" she questioned.

He inhaled sharply and sighed.
Why are they questioning him? First Sophia and now Jasmine.
Like seriously! A handsome man asks you out to be his date and instead of squealing with excitement they choose to ask him questions.
Yes, he was asking his secretary to be his date, but it was because he had no other option and he couldn't bring himself to ask any of the women he slept with to be his date.

"Look, I'm out of options right now and I can't go to my sister's wedding without a date or she would kick me out." He explained to her.

She let out a snort."Who kicks their siblings out from their wedding because of they have no date?"

"Exactly!" He raised his hands in the air.
Finally, someone has agreed with him.
"Who does such a ridiculous thing? I'll tell you who, it's my bloody sister."

"Like seriously?" She laughed.

"Yeah, I'm telling you that girl is a pain in the ass," he said with a scoff.

"I'm not really sure about this. I mean, I'm probably sure those your..."
She stopped immediately when he raised his brows at her.
She scratched the back of her neck lightly and averted her eyes from his gaze, pausing her lips into a thin line.

"Those my what?" He questioned with a crooked smile on his face, wanting her to finish her sentence. He knew what she wanted to say and he was enjoying the look on her face.

"What I was trying to say is, i'm probably sure your female friends would love this nice invitation," she said with a nervous laugh.
Since she started working for Raymond, she had seen different women coming to the gallery to see him.

He chuckled steadily. "Well, all my female friends as you call them disappointed me and like I said, I can't go to this wedding alone, so you're coming with me."

"But.." She hesitated and a long sigh left her lips.
She loved going to weddings and it had been a long time since she went to one. But going to a wedding with her boss sounds really awkward.

"So?" He leaned closely, waiting patiently for her response.

She knew she had to give him a response but she was fidgeting. But then she thought, he actually saved her life and brought her to his home. The least she could do was to appreciate him by accepting his request.

"Fine." She breathed, raking a hand in her hair.

"Fine?"

Did she just agree to be his date?
He was surprised that she didn't argue with him like she always did.

"I'll be your date," she said to him.

He let out a sigh of relief as he chuckled. "Wow! that was quick."

"Don't even try to say anything or I'll change my mind." She gave him a warning look, pointing a finger at him.

He threw his hands in the air as he laughed. "Geez, i wasn't gonna say anything."