chapter 10

Sitting down alone at the bar, Jasmine grabbed her beer and gulped a small amount. It was a small bar few blocks from her neighbourhood. There weren't much people tonight and she was glad no one bothered her.

Wiping her mouth with the back of her palm, she placed the bottle on the table.
Placing her arms on the table, she bent her head as she battled with her inner thoughts.
She didn't mean to hit Christine,heck no. That was the last thing on her mind, but she had lost control of her anger.

"Fuck me." She sighed tiredly and took another swing of her drink.

They weren't always like this. They were happy and very close, but everything changed after the car accident that killed their parents and little kalisha.

Eversince then, Christine always blamed herself for their death. She thought maybe, if she hadn't persuaded her parents to go back to the store that evening to get her new dress and if kalisha hadn't followed them, they would still be alive.

Carrying such a heavy burden in her heart, Christine was knocked over with depression. She turned away from everyone, keeping her distance as she grieved everyday, blaming herself for their death.

Her behavior changed, as she lost focus of the good girl she once was and became someone else.
Her grades started going down, she was rebellious in school, always getting involved in many fights, started hanging out with the bad guys and even started drinking alcohol at a young age.

She was filled with pain, misery, regret and angry at herself, angry at the world. At the age of thirteen Christine started taking drugs and got her first piercing. She got lost in her dark world as she stopped loving herself and never gave a care for the world. Drugs were her escape route from her depression, that was why she got addicted to it.

Jasmine and Christain had tried their best in making her understand that everything that happened wasn't her fault but nothing changed.
Christine only became more distant, violent and filled with rage.

After Christine's rehabilitation, she'd stopped taking drugs and alcohol but still she always kept to herself, shutting herself away from her siblings and the outside world.

Wiping both palms on her face, Jasmine exhaled slowly, keeping her head down as she rubbed her forehead.

"Hi beautiful." A deep smooth voice called at her, interrupting her from her thoughts.

'Oh fuck! Why can't I have some peace for once.'

She thought, letting out a long sigh.

She raised her head slowly and locked eyes with the most beautiful green eyes she had ever seen. The handsome stranger was dressed in a black T-shirt, blue jeans and white Nikes. His black hair was long and styled perfectly and his cologne had a strong lavender scent to it.

"Hi." She gave him a small smile as she cleared her throat lightly. He was tall and his shirt hugged his muscular body.
She was captivated by the way his green eyes were staring down at her, like he could see through her soul.

'Oh my! He's so handsome and his eyes are so beautiful.'

She thought, staring at him with her jaw slightly dropped.

"Are you alright?" he questioned softly looking at her closely.

"Umm." She flushed as she gave a quick nod, pressing her lips lightly. she felt awkward for staring at him that way. She smiled and said to him quickly.
"Yeah, yeah I'm good."

"Okay." He smiled, showing off his perfect teeth and cute dimples.
"Do you mind if I sit here with you?"

"Of course." She gestured to the seat facing her as she let out a long breath.
She couldn't believe he left her jaw dropping.
The embarrassing moment that could happen to a lady is if she is caught off guard staring at a handsome man. So embarrassing! But she couldn't help it, he was breathtaking.

"Great." He smiled as he sat down. He called a waitress and ordered his drink.

"I'm Andrew." He smiled as he gave out his hand for a handshake.

"Jasmine." She said and shook his hand. His hand was big and felt strong as she held him.

"So what's a beautiful lady like you doing here all alone?" He asked with a smile.

She chuckled. "Just came to have a drink." She replied, a faint blush on her cheeks. She grabbed her drink and took a small gulp from the bottle.

"Hmm." He nodded not taking his eyes off her.

The waitress returned back with his drink. He took it and thanked the waitress with a smile, who returned back the gesture with a blush as she left their table.

Turning back to Jasmine, he could see the stress in her blue eyes and noticed how tired she looked. Despite the stress on her face, she still looked very beautiful and he couldn't deny it.

"You don't look really good. What's the problem?" He asked in a gentle tone.

She looked at him and shook her head slowly.
"I don't wanna talk about it."

"C'mon you can tell me. From the look on your face I know that you're really stressed out with whatever your thinking about. Besides there's nothing wrong in telling a stranger your problems."
He insisted, keeping a smile on his face.

"And why's that?" She inquired, folding her arms.

"Well as a stranger,I would listen to you,I won't judge you and who knows, I could help you out with whatever that's bothering you.
Well except if it's a boyfriend issue, cause I'm not good at relationships," he told her with a chuckle.

She knew he was right but the last thing she wanted was a stranger meddling in her private affairs.
She chuckled lightly. "well thanks though but I still don't wanna talk about it," she said, hoping he wouldn't persuade her on the issue.

He decided to drop the issue as he wouldn't want to piss her off. There was something about her that captivated him and he just couldn't leave her. The way her blue eyes twinkled with life was fascinating and her aura, he just couldn't find the right words to describe it. He knew he had to engage her in a conversation or she might get bored of his presence.
"Alright then." He smiled at her.
"Well let's talk about something else to take your mind off it." He suggested.

"Fine." She let out a sigh.
She had left the house with the intention of getting a drink and drowning her pain with alcohol without any intruder invading her space. But the universe decided to play otherwise and drop off a handsome stranger to her table. He seemed interesting and the way his green eyes stared at her, it was obvious his intentions were clean.

"So,what do you do? Do you live here?" He asked.

"Well," She sighed. " I own a small catering business and yeah, i do live here," she said, not wanting to tell him that she was looking for a job.

"That's nice." He nodded.

"What about you?" she asked.

"I'm an attorney and I have my own law firm," he replied with a smile.

She nodded, leaning back on the chair as she listened.

"I don't stay here. Actually I'm here on a case but I'll be leaving by the weekend," he said.

"That's nice." She smiled as she grabbed her bottle.

"So tell me more about yourself , Jasmine."
He leaned closer to her, his green eyes staring closely into her blue eyes.

she smiled, raising the bottle to her lips.

They talked and talked for hours about each other, telling silly stories, laughing hard and drinking as time passed.
She finally insisted on going home as she baded him goodnight, receiving a kiss on the cheek.
He offered her a ride but she declined politely. He insisted on having her number, which she gave to him.

Forgetting about her earlier problems, she sat at the back of the taxi with a huge smile on her face as she thought of the green-eyed stranger.

Please vote and leave a comment•••••••
Love you guys**