chapter 13

It was a Sunday night and Raymond was hanging out at his best friend's house. They were seated in Bright's game room as they shared a bottle of red wine.

Bright was bald with full black beard and had hazel eyes. He was tall and muscular and had tattoos on his chest and right arm.

Raymond had known Bright for five years and they had gotten really close over the years. Bright worked in a construction company and lived alone in his luxurious apartment.

"So you finally broke up with her?" Raymond asked Bright in a calm tone as he took a sip of his drink.
They were done playing snooker as they sat down on the couch and Bright told Raymond how he had broken up with his girlfriend.

"Yeah." Bright exhaled sharply, folding his arms.
"I told you I was gonna do that."

Bright had often complained to Raymond how his girlfriend, Samantha was constantly nagging and demanding huge amount of money from him.

Bright could afford whatever luxury Samantha wanted but he just couldn't keep up with her shitty attitude. She was ungrateful, disrespectful and quite rude towards him and he couldn't take it anymore. As much as he loved her, there were certain things a man wouldn't tolerate from any woman and one of those things was "disrespect".

"Took you long enough to dump her ass. I'm glad you got to see her other fucked up side before you guys had gone deep," Raymond said with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

Raymond never really liked Samantha. He hated how demanding and needy and ungrateful she was to Bright. Seeing how often they would fight in his presence and how Bright would always complain to him about Samantha, Raymond felt lucky he wasn't committed to any woman.

Bright Chuckled with a short nod."You're right bro," he said as he took a sip of his drink, placing the glass on the table.

"Fuck!" Bright muttered, sighing deeply as he placed his arm on the table and linked his fingers, a deep frown on his face.
"Women are full of shit."

"Hey, not all of them okay."Raymond cautioned.
"It's just that the good ones are kind of hard to find. Besides, we men are also full of shit."

Bright nodded in agreement. "Well you're right though," he said as he grabbed the bottle of red wine and refilled his glass.

"Well I'm done with all these fake love and bullshit. I just wanna find my real woman and be happy," Bright said as he raised his glass and took a long sip.

"Me too." Raymond mumbled to himself leaning back on the couch, but Bright heard him.

Dropping the glass and wiping his mouth with the back of his palm,
"Well if you wanna find your real woman, then quit fucking everything in a skirt," Bright told him.

Raymond laughed, shaking his head lightly. "You can't blame me man, they are the ones coming after me."

"And you never say no." Bright Chuckled.

"I say no when I'm not interested, okay. Besides I don't have any woman in my life right now, so hell yeah, I can fuck any ass I want." Raymond grinned as he grabbed his glass and took a sip.

"You're nuts man," Bright said with a snort.

Till this day, Bright never understood Raymond's sexual lifestyle. Since they've been friends for the past five years, Bright had never seen Raymond drooling over a woman or in a relationship.

While Bright would be looking for a woman to love, Raymond would be looking for a woman to fuck.
It was strange but Bright respected Raymond's privacy. Though Raymond had never told Bright the reason why he lived this way, Bright could sense that Raymond was holding unto something or someone.