chapter 8

They stepped out from the elevator on the eighth floor and Gloria then spotted Biki, Willams' girlfriend.

"Biki." Gloria called out, waving a hand in the air to get Bikis' attention.

The tall red head on the phone looked towards their direction and a smile stretched out on her tired face. Her grey eyes were red and pluffy, as she had been crying all through the night.

Biki had graduated from highschool and not having any money to go to college she worked as a stripper before Williams met her and bought her a beauty salon.
She had been dating Williams for two years and would occasionally come to the gallery to visit her boyfriend while stealing little glances at Raymond whenever he was around.

Right from the moment Raymond saw Biki in his gallery he disliked her. He had noticed the lustful looks Biki threw at him, but he never made a move or said a word to Williams. Despite the love and money Williams gave to her, Biki was still a wild girl and secretly continued her stripping job at night.

Williams was oblivious to her lifestyle and wouldn't listen to what people said about Biki as he had fallen deeply for her. Though she loved Williams but she still couldn't stop her dirty lifestyle.

Biki put her phone in her Jean's pocket and ran into Raymond, hugging him tight.

He took a step back and held Biki firmly on the waist, holding her in place. Biki buried her face on his chest, sobbing quietly.

"It's alright, it's gonna be alright," he said softly, rubbing her back gently.
As much as he disliked Biki, he felt really terrible for her and tried soothing her in a soft tone.

Biki raised her head slowly as she let go of Raymond. She sniffed hard and wiped her eyes with the back of her palm.

"Hey." Gloria walked towards them and took Biki into her arms, as they both sobbed on each other's shoulder.

Raymond stood watching as both women held each other and cried.
He didn't know if he should excuse himself or try and comfort them.

'What the heck!  This shit ain't my specialty.'

He thought and moved away from them.
Situations like these always made him so uncomfortable.

Breaking away from the embrace, Gloria wiped away Bikis' tears with her thumb.
"It's alright, it's gonna be alright I promise." Gloria whispered softly to Biki, trying to calm her.

"He doesn't deserve this." Biki choked as more tears rolled from her eyes
"He's such a good man, he doesn't deserve this." She placed a palm over her mouth and sobbed.

After closing her salon and planning on getting home to get a quick shower before hitting the club, Biki got a call from the hospital, informing her about Williams situation. She was the first person to get called as her number was the only number saved in Williams favorite list. Leaving behind everything, Biki frantically rushed to the hospital in tears. Williams had undergone four surgeries through the night, almost loosing his life.
Biki wasn't in the right state of mind to call anyone or inform them about Williams situation as she might break down in more tears . It was Gloria who contacted her after Raymond had ordered her out of his office.

Raymond walked up to Biki and placed his hand gently on her trembling shoulder.
"I'm deeply sorry, Biki." His voice was low and soft.
"You don't have to worry. I know Williams well, and one thing I know about that man is that he's a survivor.
And if he could survive through the surgeries, then he definitely will survive this coma."

Biki looked at the tall handsome man that was her boyfriend's boss with admiration in her eyes.
She sniffed hard and swallowed the heavy lump in her throat.